eBay seller 406-Any insight?

MYSINBIN

Reaction score
I've been watching some of this seller's items for a while now.

I tried to buy a set of steel interior B-pillar trim covers in the past and got an email from them that the items were sold several months before. It was kind of long winded trying to explain that their listing program had not notified them of the sale.

I'd have to go digging to find all of the past info, which I'm too lazy to do right now.

The trim covers had been sold several months previously and I'm pretty sure that a member here bought them from a search I did.

The pricing of the sale items is all over the place. They look like a computer program generated pricing structure. I think I remember seeing an Auctiva icon somewhere along the way.

If you browse their items, it's obvious that someone takes a good amount of time removing, photographing and listing all of it.

Here's one of the things I've been watching:

Upper Rear Seat Trim 2dr 1967 68 2dr FSTBK Chrysler Plymouth Dodge 68CT1 4R4 X | eBay

So here's my questions:

1. Anybody deal with them or know who they are?

2. What is Auctiva all about and does it set the wacky pricing?

3. What is the point/advantage of constantly re-listing all the same items again and again without adjusting pricing?

Thanks for any input.

John

Auctiva is a company who offers templates and selling advice for eBay listings. The relistings are most likely advice from auctiva. Price is from seller. I would see no reason not to trust the seller. Apparently they are a family of orchard workers who save car parts.

Here's my take on it....

They have 2 negatives out of 6081 feedbacks. That's pretty good.

You had issues with them before, and from the look of the neutral feedbacks, that seems to happen with this seller once in a while. There's 10 neutral feedbacks. Not bad.

You must have gotten your money back the last time, so the risk is minimal and I don't see in his feedback that getting a refund was a problem for anyone else.

IMHO, given everything I see, I would go ahead and buy the rear deck if you want it. The worst thing that could possibly happen is you don't get it.. or it's in bad shape. Either way, it's the same risk we all take buying used.

Here's my take on it....

They have 2 negatives out of 6081 feedbacks. That's pretty good.

You had issues with them before, and from the look of the neutral feedbacks, that seems to happen with this seller once in a while. There's 10 neutral feedbacks. Not bad.

You must have gotten your money back the last time, so the risk is minimal and I don't see in his feedback that getting a refund was a problem for anyone else.

IMHO, given everything I see, I would go ahead and buy the rear deck if you want it. The worst thing that could possibly happen is you don't get it.. or it's in bad shape. Either way, it's the same risk we all take buying used.

Thanks for the input so far.

Just to clarify, I did get an immediate refund and I don't feel any sour grapes.

I already have a spare deck trim, so I don't plan on buying this one.

I'm really just curious about past experiences and the listing format.

They do put a lot of effort into each listing and I can appreciate that.

Please keep the insight/input coming.

Thanks,

John

Thanks for the input so far.

Just to clarify, I did get an immediate refund and I don't feel any sour grapes.

I already have a spare deck trim, so I don't plan on buying this one.

I'm really just curious about past experiences and the listing format.

They do put a lot of effort into each listing and I can appreciate that.

Please keep the insight/input coming.

Thanks,

John
OK, I thought you wanted to buy the deck trim....

I've looked at this seller's stuff before and I thought some of it was overpriced. It all looks decent though and they have a big selection.

Upper Rear Seat Trim 2dr 1967 68 2dr FSTBK Chrysler Plymouth Dodge 68CT1 4R4 X | eBay

I searched long and hard for one of these awhile back and failing that I ended up repairing mine. If I hadn't repaired mine, I'd be jumping on that particular one. GOOD ones are very hard to find and that one is a fair price.

I got some stuff from this seller a couple months ago with no problems.

Alan

I have gotten parts from them in the past and they will work with you if you contact then directly. On some things they are a little pricey, but hey if the market goes for it then we have no choice but to pay it.

I've been watching some of this seller's items for a while now.

I tried to buy a set of steel interior B-pillar trim covers in the past and got an email from them that the items were sold several months before. It was kind of long winded trying to explain that their listing program had not notified them of the sale.

I'd have to go digging to find all of the past info, which I'm too lazy to do right now.

The trim covers had been sold several months previously and I'm pretty sure that a member here bought them from a search I did.

The pricing of the sale items is all over the place. They look like a computer program generated pricing structure. I think I remember seeing an Auctiva icon somewhere along the way.

If you browse their items, it's obvious that someone takes a good amount of time removing, photographing and listing all of it.

Here's one of the things I've been watching:

So here's my questions:

1. Anybody deal with them or know who they are?

2. What is Auctiva all about and does it set the wacky pricing?

3. What is the point/advantage of constantly re-listing all the same items again and again without adjusting pricing?

Thanks for any input.

John

Hello, yes, I purchased a number of parts from him for my 67 Imperial Crown 4dr hardtop. Good seller, parts were all as described, fast shipping. He is honest about the condition of stuff he sells.
Reg

Back