Edelebrock Cruise Control Cable Mounting Fix

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I contacted Edelbrock and explained that there is no way to mount the cruise control cable properly to the 1481 adapter on an Edelbrock carb. Believe it or not, they said that this is the first time anyone has called to report this problem. He looked up all the historical technical data and said that there is no mention of any technical instruction or evidence of mounting the cruise control cable. I explained in detail about the rolled pin on the T/Q does not fit any mounting holes on the 1481 adapter. He's conferring with their engineers and will call me back with a fix. I'll post that information when I get it.

Edelbrock called me back to ask some technical questions about the NY'er and he mentioned that he was going to call their Mopar Guru "Herb" as soon as he puts together all the initial data. I asked if Herb was by chance Herb McCandless and he said that is exactly who Herb was. I thought that was pretty cool for Mr 4 Speed to be working on our cruise control fix.

I received a call and a fix from Edelbrock for mounting the cruise control cable. He said that he's worked for Eddie for 20 years and I'm the first person ever to call about this dilemma for a Chrysler. The fix is part number 8009. I looked it up and it's an accelerator cable adapter for a 1977 and up chevy. It looks like it should work. Eddie is going to send me one. It is also available for $4.99 at Jegs.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/8009/10002/-1

Hard to believe myself. I'll post pictures when I install it.

Back