Ethanol senate bill

eyemon

Reaction score
I see that there was a rider attached to the proposed Keystone pipeline legislation that would have also done away with the ethanol requirements in our gasoline, but our Dear Leader vetoed that. However about 10 days ago I read that Senators Pat Toomey (R) PA, Dianne Feinstein (D) CA, and Jeff
Flake (R) AZ are sponsoring a new "CORN ETHANOL MANDATE ELININATION ACT OF 2015" stand alone bill. So far I haven't seen it scheduled to come up for a discussion and/or vote on the Senate floor. I would think that this ethanol crap might be of primary concern for the members of this Forum and contact with our Senators would be well worth the effort. I've read a lot on both sides of the issue, as have most of you, and have decided that the ethanol mandate was a bad idea from the get-go.

Diane Feinstein OPPOSED??
My god. This is a scene right out of House of Cards.
Sumtin brewing. I can smell it.

Oh, and maybe the price of Corn Flakes will go under $5...

The Huge tax subsidies for ethanol producers means they could care less about competing with Oil. The farmers got sucked in by the chance to sell more corn, which led to record land prices, as more farmers wanted to grow more corn. Now too much corn, and the price went from 6.50 to 2.80 or so per bushel. Now the farmers are stuck with huge mortgages, and reduced ability to pay them. Only the producers come out, and the reduced prices for ethanol gas at the pump are subsidized by the U.S. Taxpayer. Then, the cars average 10% reduced mileage, so the Consumer gets screwed twice. Around here it is a sore topic.

Rife with corruption. my cousin owns a 200 acre farm in Iowa, and refused the ethanol plant offer to sell land to put up the plant. The neighbor gave in. But the producer screwed up, as he didn't check if there was water on the plot. there wasn't. They need about 55 gallons of water for every gallon of pure ethanol produced. The producer didn't properly look at the required survey, and the water was 100 yards into the next section. Inch or a mile, it doesn't matter. HA HA HA ,,,,,,,,,,,Now they pay tens of thousands per year to the neighbor for water rights. Oh well, just increase the tax subsidy.

Same as diesel exhaust emissions. Govt does it per pound of fuel gets x amount of soot. In the late nineties when 60 series Detroits were getting 7.5 mpg and a medium HP n14 Cummins getting 6.8 for x amount of soot. In 2010 Detroit diesels are now 14+ litres instead of 12.7 and getting barely 5mpg but the soot is less per pound but more pounds to go same miles. Did we really win? Cummins is same tune but you will only get 4.5mpg.

The Huge tax subsidies for ethanol producers means they could care less about competing with Oil.

The tax subsidies ran out a year or two ago. They shuttered close to 90% of the ethanol plants here in southern Minnesota and only recently reopened a few. If there is any subsidies now they are far less than what was being thrown at farmers a few years ago.

Sad to say, there is no discussion in Europe, they just mix it and put a warning sticker on the pump. You can get unmixed gas, but it's more expensive. Screwed on both sides of the ocean. :sSig_thanks:

At the peak of corn prices and carpetbaggers ready to swoop in on Gum'mint Get Rich Quick schemes, THREE investor groups came into our County and promised fabulous riches of producing ethanol from Sorghum and Sugar Cane. The land that the County gave them tax free incentives to build their plants on are still vacant fields of weeds. The three investor groups have been disbanded...

At the peak of corn prices and carpetbaggers ready to swoop in on Gum'mint Get Rich Quick schemes, THREE investor groups came into our County and promised fabulous riches of producing ethanol from Sorghum and Sugar Cane. The land that the County gave them tax free incentives to build their plants on are still vacant fields of weeds. The three investor groups have been disbanded...

monorail2.jpg

I never watched The Simpsons but I know that the cartoon must be funny. ☺

It's when the huckster came to town to sell them on a monorail that they didn't need, got his money for a piece of crap, then left. It's a homage to The Music Man, something else that probably no one has seen or remembers

It's when the huckster came to town to sell them on a monorail that they didn't need, got his money for a piece of crap, then left. It's a homage to The Music Man, something else that probably no one has seen or remembers

Music Man is one of my favorites. He comes clean in the end to get the girl, Shirley Jones, I think, who BTW, is not dead yet.

Back