Exhaust for 74 Fury Gran Sedan

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. 75Royal

75Royal New Member

Not sure if we can post a video on here but it sounds great.

2. Seb'74

Seb'74 Member

602 hp, what a beast. All custom made, that must be a badass car to drive! Mine is a little, how to say, civilized, with its 190 courageous hp :steering:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seb'74

Seb'74 Member

By the way, thanks for all the pics and info. I'd like to hear and see it drive :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 75Royal

75Royal New Member

5. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

in some respects, the '73 and back system might be reasonably close, but as mentioned, the head pipe/exhaust manifold/shift linkage interfaces could be an issue. Past that, you'd need to know which wheelbase you have (which will relate to the floor pan length). That'll get you to the rear axle. THAT could be where a main difference might be. First in getting the pipe to clear the body and shock absorbers and SECONDLY getting the rear pipe shape/angle/length to match the rear bumper's lower edge (which also relates to the angle of the lower rear quarter panel between the bumper and the rear wheel area).

Just some thoughts,
    CBODY67

6. Mr C

Mr C Senior Member

Accurate exhaust was the only game in town for Formals and they were fantastic.

Sadly they've dropped their C body line. If you contact them maybe they can make one.

Complete A Body Exhaust Systems

7. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

Perhaps they still have the "cards" and can build one when sold/ordered?

CBODY67

8. Seb'74

Seb'74 Member

The sound of the power

9. jason99

jason99 Active Member FCBO Gold Member

The headers+mufflers+pipes I got for my Barracuda were exactly that, bolt up and go. Though I’m sure there was swearing during the header install.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jason99

jason99 Active Member FCBO Gold Member

Very nice on all counts. Thank you for the pictures and details. Be sure to post more about the rest of your car. It sounds like a cool project.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 75LandYacht

75LandYacht Yank Tank FCBO Gold Member

Apologies if I mislead you sir, my exhaust is NOT stainless.. it’s galvanized 2 1/4 pipe which common use for replacement exhaust.. if you don’t have access there where you are, maybe you can order couple sticks of pipe and have it shipped. Just a thought.

12. 75LandYacht

Hell ya.. that sounds beautiful.. music if you ask me.

13. 75Royal

75Royal New Member

I’ll start a thread with what I’ve done with it. It was fun. They’re definitely unique cars that can be made to have some real fun with. You just don’t see them anymore. Here’s a funny video don’t mind my dental work! Blocked a few too many fists and sticks with my face in my ice hockey days!
    Getting a new tooth in a few months. I look like I should be driving this thing though!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Seb'74

Seb'74 Member

Not necessary to ship pipes, that's not what I wanted to say, of course we have stainless or galvanized steel here ! But, you know, here in France, almost all mods on cars are forbidden, by lots of regulations. So most of the work you can do is basically wheels, paint job and sometimes ECU chips, and mostly on German and Japanese cars. So the difficult is to find someone who will be OK to work on american cars. There are some, but all is very expensive. Most of the time, custom made exhaust line cost between 1000 and 1500 EUR (approx. same amount in USD). For an old (and not very wanted) car like mine, the cost is very high :eek:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  15. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

Not to mention the issues with driving ANY older vehicle into (or prevented from driving into) certain metro areas and such.

In one respect, adding a dual exhaust to a vehicle that COULD have had it OEM from the factory, is not necessarily "a mod", but a "replacement" or 'up-fitting". Possibly as long as it's still going by the OEM configuration and layout of pipes. With the stock exhaust manifolds, rather than headers (which were not OEM production items).

Might check out the California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B) "restrictions" of what is what, as a possible guide of what might be changed, per their approvals.

Enjoy!
    CBODY67

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  16. 75LandYacht

Understood sir.. keep us posted