Exterior paint and body work. The start...

I'll post a picture on my thread tomorrow of a diamond it'll look great, and you can bet it won't be in a goats *** John:rofl:

Stay tuned.....:rofl:
Beatcha to it Kenny..

E14609B3-2679-4EA2-8CDA-EB4DA7488821.gif

Javier, you're a maniac! Love to watch your progress. I'd be okay with the car the way it was after you performed your magic on the Lean Burn and whatnot. Things I wouldn't notice or care about, you're figuring out every way to correct them. :thumbsup:

Javier, you're a maniac! Love to watch your progress. I'd be okay with the car the way it was after you performed your magic on the Lean Burn and whatnot. Things I wouldn't notice or care about, you're figuring out every way to correct them. :thumbsup:
My wife would agree with you!!!

Beautiful day to end the year!!! Happy new year to all.

Great day for door bashing!

9E284585-992C-4C6F-9DAD-F54A441079B9.jpeg

tools out to raise rear of front door so it no longer rides the strike. Took an 1/8” shim at the bottom of the lower hinge but it got there.

64F810EC-E9AE-49AB-8CF8-4BFC52FCD49B.jpeg

Where I left it in our last episode. Not bad fit but riding the strike into position.

4D0DE324-E3FF-4F60-83F8-FBB08B5AA5F4.jpeg

Upper hinge of driver rear door. It looks like it’s never been touched. Dry too... shame on me.

20EB6799-B34A-4FE1-8C89-D5DCD44AC568.jpeg

Lower hinge of same door. Front driver hinges top and bottom were the same but I had lubed them at least.

EE1D4DF6-6297-452D-BD2C-6E76A476F7C1.jpeg

Some bashing and fiddling later. And here is how it works.

passenger side now working the same.

image.jpg

interesting tha the fenders on both sides are a bit high in reference to the doors. I’ll have to raise the doors when it comes time with the fenders back on.

image.jpg

Drivers side window alignment good too!!

image.jpg

Passenger side is a little tight at the top.

that’s all for today.... I hear my wife calling.... happy new year!!!

Last edited:
This is the one area that I neglected on my NYB. Body gaps. Left them exactly the way they assembled them. And they were horrible. But they did not touch metal to metal.
I don't know if I didn't dick with them because of...
A. Originality
B. Laziness
C. Fear of opening a Pandora's Box.
The one thing that I HAD to do was adjust all the windows for the tightest possible seal against rain and wind noise. Couldn't ignore that issue.
Now if only I could talk you into doing something out of the ordinary with the paint job.

This is the one area that I neglected on my NYB. Body gaps. Left them exactly the way they assembled them. And they were horrible. But they did not touch metal to metal.
I don't know if I didn't dick with them because of...
A. Originality
B. Laziness
C. Fear of opening a Pandora's Box.
The one thing that I HAD to do was adjust all the windows for the tightest possible seal against rain and wind noise. Couldn't ignore that issue.
Now if only I could talk you into doing something out of the ordinary with the paint job.

I’ll go with what’s behind curtain number three.

Doors can easily become a Pandora’s box if it’s your first time.

New battery yesterday.... after trying to charge it overnight. It got killed at the trim shop. Oops!

of course I cleaned out the tray.... and painted it.

also picked up a pair of horns... made in China crap until I can get some decent original ones. The search begins.

no progress today... heading to Mecum for the day. On the way now with a local friend Celio... he’s nuttier than I am about cars.

Back