Factory 4-Speed-C-Body-Photo-Thread

Well, I guess the car is 1/3 Plymouth. I never did like the dash in Canadian '66 Dodges, until I got mine. Funny how that works.

If I could have negotiated a price over the phone with that seller in Texas, I would have bought it.

Does this count?

2AE5C855-4CAD-4B06-82CE-B1494EAB3539.jpeg

1965 Monaco1.jpg

For the sake of completeness:
1965 Dodge Monaco | Classic Cars | Edmonton | Kijiji
1965 Dodge Monaco, 383, 4 speed, very rare car, has power seats, power windows, Air conditioning. This is a numbers matching original car. Pictures show that it has no rust, quarters are good, solid floors and trunk. Car has been stored a long time, it ran 8 years ago when i first seen it, I recently took possession of it and it clicks when you turn the key, no idea if its the starter or a solenoid? As the pictures show this is a complete car, there is trim and extra pcs of trim and parts that come with it.
$13,500 Canadian or $10,000 US

45481077la.jpg

45481079nn.jpg

45481078xh.jpg

45481080ar.jpg

45481081tj.png

That black/red 'vert with 383-2 barrel is the first mention I've personally seen of that engine paired with a 4-speed.
Just went to Hemmings to save info on that one, and found this one also.

IMO the underhood condition, incorrect aircleaner (expensive), the front seat upholstery being not-quite-correct, and the traction bars make the top-dollar asking price a bit of a stretch.

But at least we can see it's authentic. via the FT.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/plymouth/sport-fury/2620577.html

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 426 Wedge 4 Speed Car​

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury Factory 426 wedge 4 speed car. very rare car around 500 made. the car looks a lot better in person always a local car with documented 54,000 original miles. runs very strong and has very nice original interior. will come with the stock steel wheels not the cragar mag wheels, clear title in my name.

View attachment 569193
View attachment 569194
View attachment 569195
View attachment 569196
There is more: The deleted "Sport Fury" letters on the deck lid. And there are another parts into the engine-bay..

There is more: The deleted "Sport Fury" letters on the deck lid. And there are another parts into the engine-bay..
Lads --
An interesting sales presentation! The HEMMINGS material shows the engine with the correct, if beat-up, chrome air cleaner and valve covers, while the ones sent by Dick not only delete the air cleaner completely, but also show an Edelbrock carb and a couple of after market valve covers. I can't really tell if the deck lid has the proper SF machine-turned "Plymouth" trim panel or if it's just the standard "Plymouth" panel or are the "spears" from front to rear on the sides turned SF or standard Fury pieces.
It is an intriguing car that may have been ridden hard and put away wet if it truly has only 54000 on the clock. I guess it's just the old case of caveat emptor.
Joe Godec

Lads --
An interesting sales presentation! The HEMMINGS material shows the engine with the correct, if beat-up, chrome air cleaner and valve covers, while the ones sent by Dick not only delete the air cleaner completely, but also show an Edelbrock carb and a couple of after market valve covers. I can't really tell if the deck lid has the proper SF machine-turned "Plymouth" trim panel or if it's just the standard "Plymouth" panel or are the "spears" from front to rear on the sides turned SF or standard Fury pieces.
It is an intriguing car that may have been ridden hard and put away wet if it truly has only 54000 on the clock. I guess it's just the old case of caveat emptor.
Joe Godec
I can't tell if the engine-turning is there, either.
Regardless, the trim is quite faded, the driverside C-shaped trim is clearly much shinier, and a few of the taillights seem a bit misaligned.
The trunklid seal is squashed flat, or the trunk latch needs adjusted, or both.

Not a $35k car by any means, IMHO.

1682186678078.png

I can't tell if the engine-turning is there, either.
Regardless, the trim is quite faded, the driverside C-shaped trim is clearly much shinier, and a few of the taillights seem a bit misaligned.
The trunklid seal is squashed flat, or the trunk latch needs adjusted, or both.

Not a $35k car by any means, IMHO.

View attachment 592583
Ya know, many many cars left the factories with panel gaps must worse than this.

Back