FCBO webpages randomly redirecting, sometimes Norton, sometimes asking for CAPTCHAs

fury fan

Reaction score
@Joeychgo and anyone else:

Anyone getting random page re-directs on here?

It's happening randomly, but when it does, it happens 3-5 times in a 15min period. (then it's OK for days/weeks)
Seemed to happen most in the cars-for-sale forum - but can't really confirm that with data.
It's happening as I am simply viewing a page, not from clicking any links.

Sometimes it's to a Norton antivirus expiration page (I don't have Norton)
Sometimes it's a few different CAPTCHAs, the one below is an example.
Some of them are re-directing and the browser's 'back' button isn't available (sometimes it is, though).

I'm inclined to think it's not on my end, as:
I've never clicked on any of these things, I simply say an expletive and close that tab.
I suppose as I am mousing around, if a page stalls a little I could be inadvertantly clicking on a headline ad - but this is the only website this happens to.

Anyone?

1674823419700.png

I’ve been getting an annoying pop up that says “Congratulations“ from Google that says I won a prize. The only way to get out of it is to close the page. It has only happened on my phone or IPad, but it’s still annoying.

I’ve been getting an annoying pop up that says “Congratulations“ from Google that says I won a prize. The only way to get out of it is to close the page. It has only happened on my phone or IPad, but it’s still annoying.
Yep, I've gotten the same thing.

Back