NOT MINE FE5 Red 1972 New Yorker Brougham 4dr hardtop (CAD 3.8k, SK, Canada)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
The car is listed as having a 383-4, so I have asked if the engine is original (@marko @kmccabe56 -- was a 383 offered on top Chryslers in Canada that year? US NYBs all came with a 440-4). If the engine has been swapped and the seller is not making a mistake, then a nice older 383-4 would make this car potential good deal at the current exchange rate.

I have requested a photo of the fender tag. Unfortunately, I can see that this NYB has the H53 ATCII AutoTemp, so will likely not be saved.

From the ad: "383 4 barrel I've been driving it the last 4 summers. Runs and drives nice. $3800 drives it home Located in Hodgeville" (Saskatchewan, Canada).

1674922246641.png

1674922303637.png

1674922361401.png

Last edited:
440 was the standard motor and afaik 383 was not a possibility - 383s werent available after 71
interior looks like it could be good, and i see later road wheel centre caps........
its about 1,000 miles from me, so i wont be checking it out

The seller has added the fender tag car for CS43T2C15xxxx -- this NYB is FE5, with V1W white vinyl top (mostly decomposed) and H7X9 black cloth & vinyl interior. Nice combo, but it has H53 AutoTemp...

fender tag .png

Unfortunately, I can see that this NYB has the H53 ATCII AutoTemp, so will likely not be saved.

Geez ayilar, don't be such a negative Nelly!

I could possibly check this out on the February 18/19 weekend. I’m 200 miles from it. Was the auto temp problematic? Kim

The auto temp was problematic, that doesn't make it a lost cause however. It's a good system once sorted. The interior of this car looks really good.

The seller has added the fender tag car for CS43T2C15xxxx -- this NYB is FE5, with V1W white vinyl top (mostly decomposed) and H7X9 black cloth & vinyl interior. Nice combo, but it has H53 AutoTemp...

View attachment 578645

Really curious, that thumb covering the last four digits of the VIN.

The VON is just as unique to a car. At least I do not know of two cars that share the same VON.

Another question for @69CoronetRT: is there such a thing as a collective VON, ie. more than one car sharing the same VON?

Really curious, that thumb covering the last four digits of the VIN.

The VON is just as unique to a car. At least I do not know of two cars that share the same VON.

Another question for @69CoronetRT: is there such a thing as a collective VON, ie. more than one car sharing the same VON?

There are some nuances but the last six digits of VONs within a model year can be shared across makes.

From 68 forward, no two Chryslers will have the same VON but you could have a Chrysler and a Dodge with the same six digits. Due to the way VONs/SO numbers are generated, pre 68 repetition within make is expected.

I have examples of Road Runners and Chargers having the same VON. I don“t have any examples but theoretically, I think you can share VONs across body style within makes meaning you could have a Dart, Charger and Polara with the same VON.

Geez ayilar, don't be such a negative Nelly!

The auto temp was problematic, that doesn't make it a lost cause however. It's a good system once sorted.
1971-1973, I agree. 1969-1979, I beg to differ.

I don“t have any examples but theoretically, I think you can share VONs across body style within makes meaning you could have a Dart, Charger and Polara with the same VON.

Now it's dawning upon me. Each car line had its own order form and the blocks with the forms were numbered independently from each other.

Isn't there a website where I could breakdown the options on this car?

Back