FI pump in tank

you have sparked my curiosity, I have looked at the 68 B body(non charger) tanks on tanks inc and they look almost the same shape with similar sending unit/filler neck locations. I am in the dilemma of setting up a fuel pump system for my new engine currently being built and wanted to do an in tank electric system without a bunch of hassle hence the reason I have been watching this thread. I know tanks inc has a B body with the electric fuel pump already incorporated, are you fairly confident the B body tanks work ok? I measured an extra 66 fury tank I have and it looks to be the same basic dimensions, only about 3.5-4 inches narrower but tank depth and length are basically the same and strap mounting locations should not be affected by the slightly narrower tank. I have just been reluctant to pay $300-400 to test fit and find out it doesnt. lol
No clue on the B Tank, but there are threads covering that. I used the original C tank. interesting that you found them to be the same depth (top to bottom) the B body pickup is in fact a bit different, if the tanks were the same top to bottom the senders, I would think, would be the same too

Last edited:
I just emailed tanks inc and will likely order one of their fuel injection ready tanks to test if they work as long as they will allow a return if it does not and is still new condition. Will post back on this thread if it works. Bonus is the slightly narrower tank would allow for more clearance for the larger exhaust pipes I am having to run as well

The down side is that the float is way off, I tried a few different things to make it work but gave up and just wen with what I have
Would running a resistor with the right resistance fix this?
This thread is very promising because I'm definitely keeping my eye on converting my 383 to the sniper EFI, but still on the fence about whether to get the sniper 1 or sniper 2 kit since some other users here have said that it wasn't worth getting the 2 over the 1, while others (like you) say it's absolutely worth it lol. Go figure I guess.

Oh right, the way you worded it made it sound like you already tried bending it to no avail, thought it might be able to be fixed with some resistors.

Back