Finally I have the A/C working!

5 of the 7 vacuum lines going to the first plastic block were disconnected. I don't why.....the cb radio guy was in there decades ago modifying the cb antenna and wiring with aftermarket crap. The dash bezel was broke and the dash pad was damaged and wasn't put back on correctly. The blower motor was seized up when I bought the NYB. Replaced the blower motor, blower motor resistor, blower motor switch, and the 5 button controller switch. I didn't have to replace the evaporator.

Geez! How hard can it be to put things back properly? Sounds like it was a real mess in there. Congratulations on brining her back!

Geez! How hard can it be to put things back properly? Sounds like it was a real mess in there. Congratulations on brining her back!

Thanks Mr. C! and thanks for your generosity in parts!!! I really appreciated them!

The dash pad was wrecked. Bezel broken in 2 spots and glued back together. He even cut the wood grain vinyl trim on a 45 degree angle on the bottom edge of the dash near the ash tray. You can see where it was cut with a razor knife. Didn't make any sense.

BTW, we had to cut out the hole in the dash for the factory power antenna switch. My NYB didn't have a switch because my NYB had a factory tri-band automatic power antenna that went up automatically when you turned the radio on and went down automatically when you turned off the radio. That original antenna was gone and this yahoo put in a fixed mast antenna that didn't work either.

Back