SOLD *FIVE* Super-Lites, one NOS, and Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

slantsixdan

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am moving, the new place is much smaller, and I can't keep most of the goodies I've collected over the years. So: holy flaming snotballs, it's a Super-Lite stash sale. $275 gets you four used Super-Lites—three on 1969 brackets and one on a 1970 bracket, and one brand new Super-Lite and 1969 bracket assembly, with a nearly-new bulb.

SuperLite_2.jpg

SuperLite_1.jpg

Pics with and without flash to try to show good glass. Light pitting on some of the used lamps, no cracks or whacks. Obviously they will be repacked in a suitably large box with adequate padding. Shipping from Seattle. Send me a PM.

Where'd I get the bulb? I'm in the vehicle lighting industry and used to have a friend in an R&D lab of one of the German makers of halogen bulbs. An H3 bulb has the correct transverse filament, but the wrong focal length for the Super-Lite. My friend reworked a high-power H3 to have the correct focal length, thus practically matching the original bulb's optical and electrical characteristics just about perfectly, and below is the photometric data to prove it; the NOS lamp with this bulb was put on a photogoniometer and photometered—which is why this bulb is nearly new; it has a whole 8 minutes of runtime on it. (No, I can't get any more bulbs)

Superlite_Isoplot_NN.jpg

To actually go to the lengths to have an unobtainable bulb custom made with test data? Unbelievable.
I salute you.

At a time like this I wish my lifelong fixation were…I donno, birdwatching that only requires notebooks and binoculars, or something like that. But noooooo, it had to be car lights. Bulky, breakable car lights. I am dying a thousand deaths (or so…I stopped counting) at what I cannot keep and have to offload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back