flat or satin, that is the question

70Tom

Reaction score
On the 70 Sport Fury, the factory "blacked out" the area behind where the headlight buckets mount. It seems like the paint is flat black, but this could be due to age and dirt blasting against it. Anyone know if it is supposed to be satin or flat?

I also have the same question for the black used on the grille and headlight covers. It appears to be flat, but might just be that way due to age, sun, wear, etc. Any ideas how it was from the factory?

Thanks

I went with Krylon semi-flat black (now called satin black #51613) for the cowl and the rad support.

DSC03326.JPG

I used rustoleum flat black and added a little bit of acrylic enamel hardener made it not be dead flat.

The typical semi flat used by Chrysler at the time I believe was gloss with 30% flattening agent added. I know, it is a bit nit picky, but if you want it to be right, some people want it.

l used duplicolor low gloss black...looks good and isn't shiney

[QUOTE="MarPar, could it be organisol?[/QUOTE]

Not organisol ....... 30% reduced gloss, as stated by Gary. It's a bit nit picky, and most semi gloss or satin paints will suffice.

I used wheel paint. Super tough. Not really flat. Not really satin. Used it on the grills of my GTO and 66 charger. Has just the perfect sheen

Back