NOT MINE For Sale 1969 Dodge Polara Neveda Highway Patrol $12,950 (Not Mine)

20211126_105721.jpg

Actual DL41 police car.

With the DK prefix, wouldn't that be in front of the Order number and not the vin number?
If it was the vin, it would read different than any other vins in the mopar line.
DL41G9D300198 would then be DL41G9DDK300198? That can't be correct. Must be the order number.
Can someone please confirm that?
I have read that the real cop cars always have some type of special designation in front of the order number.

For MY 1969, the year in the original post, there are a couple of letters used to start the VON but , for the most part, 69 specialty VONS are indicated by numbers. For DK cars, the 94**** series seems to be common, yet other VONs exist. For PK, the 92***** series shows up, but, again, others exist. Also, look for the Y39 code on DK and PK cars. Paint code 99 is common on 'cop cars' but regular color codes exist also. Typically, 'cop cars' will have lots of F codes.

We see more letters at the beginning of VONs starting in the 1970 MY.

69_PK41_E61_D32_W1_299969.jpg

69_PK41_E63_D32_99_222473.jpg

69_DK41_E86_D32_Q4_230075.JPG

69_DK41_E86_D32_99_275664.jpg

Last edited:
As Wyatt showed, you could have a PL or DL police package also, with or without the A38 package, but definitely with the Y39 special order code, as Doug mentioned, usually with quite a few "F" option codes for fleet oriented options.

I have two buildsheets and matching tags off 73 Fury's that were parted that were full police package cars but had neither A38 or PK coding...

Most police cruisers will also have a "Special Order" next to the build tag as well. Note that not all Dodge cruisers will have the DK designation. DK indicates that the vehicle was ordered with one of the many police packages available. This simplified the order process. It was also possible to manually create a police cruiser outside of the police packages by entering the options individually from the dealer order book. Cruisers created by this method usually would have the DL or DM prefix along with a special order designation. It was much more common for police agencies to use one of the package options but manually created vehicles are known to exist but they are pretty rare. Unless there is good documentation for a specific vehicle, one should assume a DL or DM prefix is a clone until proven otherwise.

Dave

This is a clone, that has long been established. Nevada did use DK cars.

Not all agencies used DK cars, some got DL. With documentation or some sort of verification a DL is a "Police" car if it can be shown that it was used as such.

As-is if this was a real police car it might be worth a little more, maybe $10k, but just a s a base model sedan with no police history, this one $5-8k (it does have a good interior)

Alan

For MY 1969, the year in the original post, there are a couple of letters used to start the VON but , for the most part, 69 specialty VONS are indicated by numbers. For DK cars, the 94**** series seems to be common, yet other VONs exist. For PK, the 92***** series shows up, but, again, others exist. Also, look for the Y39 code on DK and PK cars. Paint code 99 is common on 'cop cars' but regular color codes exist also. Typically, 'cop cars' will have lots of F codes.

We see more letters at the beginning of VONs starting in the 1970 MY.

View attachment 624534

View attachment 624535

View attachment 624536

View attachment 624537
A Q4 turquoise police car.........was for which State...?

Most police cruisers will also have a "Special Order" next to the build tag as well. Note that not all Dodge cruisers will have the DK designation. DK indicates that the vehicle was ordered with one of the many police packages available. This simplified the order process. It was also possible to manually create a police cruiser outside of the police packages by entering the options individually from the dealer order book. Cruisers created by this method usually would have the DL or DM prefix along with a special order designation. It was much more common for police agencies to use one of the package options but manually created vehicles are known to exist but they are pretty rare. Unless there is good documentation for a specific vehicle, one should assume a DL or DM prefix is a clone until proven otherwise.

Dave

Possible Plymouth version of your example. PE series yet F33, Y39 and 925***VON; same codes as expected on a PK car. Not a 'cop car' yet a 'cop car'.

69_PE41_E44_D31_W1_206226.jpg

Sad ending for such a car, to be auctioned off by these guys.
Nothing against this seller - just that it's a sad ending for a classic car.
1698615117015.png

Back