NOT MINE For Sale 1969 Dodge Polara Neveda Highway Patrol $12,950 (Not Mine)

Dan Scully

Reaction score
Did not see this posted anywhere. Thoughts on price etc.? Thanks

1969 Dodge Polara , Northern Nevada desert warehouse find, in storage for years

I do not have any information on this cars history

It is rust free, runs well, has a clean title but has not been registered in decades

car is located near Virginia City Nevada; we are liquidating the building and this car needs to go.
00E0E_hLOQPuXBTqt_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_lR5FJMTiplc_0CI0lp_1200x900.jpg
00k0k_9RcAiw5cxEi_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00l0l_8faFQIzarzi_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00L0L_eTxQI9WLrss_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00n0n_i7fNB4mFq10_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00n0n_wBmRfBcXTn_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00o0o_jtO2rQdXVcv_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00Q0Q_6JYKylmGtQH_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00s0s_gnUfVKjDx8v_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Sure are a lot of "Ranches" around there from the signs!!
Clone or not, I like the car.

I like it also, looking for input on price since it is not real a real cop car?
Given that it is an obvious clone, it also sat for a very long time which would suggest that it will need a bunch of work to get roadworthy. 383-2 with incorrect police seat covers. Most, but not all police optioned vehicles will display a DK prefix for the start of the VIN number, also needs paint and some body work, dash is cracked.. Dual horn air cleaner not used on 383-2 although it appears to have been converted to a 4BBL setup with an after market Holley carb. In my opinion $2.5k would be a fair price.

Dave

DL41G9D300198 — thank you for posting the tag and the link to the 2018 thread. B3 blue. 383-2 now with a 4 barrel carb. I hope that, 5 years after the owner started trying to sell the car, it finds a home.

Cool looking cruiser.Lots of ¨incorrect¨ police car details but who cares if you arent taking it to be judged at car shows. These so called clown cars sure are hated around here! $2500 is the price of a pos Neon anymore, im guessing $8K is a fair price for this cruiser.

@Pete Kaczmarski
Thanks for posting that link, I had stumbled across it the other day, and had commented in that earlier thread, wondering if it was originally a 2-barrel.
Thanks to Dan Scully, I see the FT shows the answer that it was born a 383-2.

IMO it has 3 strikes against it vs the asking price.
1. It's not a survivor car anymore, as it's been modified.
2. It's not a great police car as-is, because it's a clone with cosmetic issues: the faded paint and surely some wear that the pics don't show. See the top edge of the passenger doorpanel, it is worn/torn, and the plastic trim around the rear seat is sun-dried. The dashpad is obvious, but look to the right of the Motorola - the dash paint looks sketchy. I suspect this interior would be disappointing when seen in total, in person. And it looks like a cheap aftermarket wiper blade - what other 'items' on this car might disappoint?

3. If one's a performance-leaning person, experienced reports from knowledgeable guys on here say: there is a significant difference between the 382-2 and the 383-4. (@saforwardlook has said this IIRC)
I don't know if in '69, but some years the 383-4 got a higher-stall torque converter, which adds some magic to it. (saforwardlook - can you clarify the years on the converter?)
If that matters to you, the add-ons to this car might not be up to par. Even if it doesn't matter, the 383-4 commands a bit of a price premium, and this car doesn't have it.

IMO, one must buy this car for liking it as-is, and not paying for the effort to convert it into something it isn't.
I would say with the wear on it, clone status, etc, that @66l78rat isn't too far off at $8000.

@Pete Kaczmarski
Thanks for posting that link, I had stumbled across it the other day, and had commented in that earlier thread, wondering if it was originally a 2-barrel.
Thanks to Dan Scully, I see the FT shows the answer that it was born a 383-2.

IMO it has 3 strikes against it vs the asking price.
1. It's not a survivor car anymore, as it's been modified.
2. It's not a great police car as-is, because it's a clone with cosmetic issues: the faded paint and surely some wear that the pics don't show. See the top edge of the passenger doorpanel, it is worn/torn, and the plastic trim around the rear seat is sun-dried. The dashpad is obvious, but look to the right of the Motorola - the dash paint looks sketchy. I suspect this interior would be disappointing when seen in total, in person. And it looks like a cheap aftermarket wiper blade - what other 'items' on this car might disappoint?

3. If one's a performance-leaning person, experienced reports from knowledgeable guys on here say: there is a significant difference between the 382-2 and the 383-4. (@saforwardlook has said this IIRC)
I don't know if in '69, but some years the 383-4 got a higher-stall torque converter, which adds some magic to it. (saforwardlook - can you clarify the years on the converter?)
If that matters to you, the add-ons to this car might not be up to par. Even if it doesn't matter, the 383-4 commands a bit of a price premium, and this car doesn't have it.

IMO, one must buy this car for liking it as-is, and not paying for the effort to convert it into something it isn't.
I would say with the wear on it, clone status, etc, that @66l78rat isn't too far off at $8000.

Yes, as @fury fan stated the 383-4/400-4 engines are much finer package calibrations than the 2 bbl starting in at least 1969 and through the fuselage cars at least in terms of performance feel but not in fuel consumption compared to the 2 bbl. It delivers the performance feel that is unmatched in in-town driving pleasure that hits the sweet spot. The higher stall speed torque converter in combination with the 4 bbl engine cam and carburetor performance aspects in conjunction with the 3.2 rear axle ratios really delivers a torquey acceleration feel around town and even in my view has a better feel than the 440HP around town due to its seemingly higher stall speed than the latter's package in my experience. Even the 360-4 bbl packages up through 1979 also had a really nice feel.

Yes, as @fury fan stated the 383-4/400-4 engines are much finer package calibrations than the 2 bbl starting in at least 1969 and through the fuselage cars at least in terms of performance feel but not in fuel consumption compared to the 2 bbl. It delivers the performance feel that is unmatched in in-town driving pleasure that hits the sweet spot. The higher stall speed torque converter in combination with the 4 bbl engine cam and carburetor performance aspects in conjunction with the 3.2 rear axle ratios really delivers a torquey acceleration feel around town and even in my view has a better feel than the 440HP around town due to its seemingly higher stall speed than the latter's package in my experience. Even the 360-4 bbl packages up through 1979 also had a really nice feel.
Thanks Steve, now I know the converter started in at least 1969, I wondered if it started when they started de-tuning in 1971 to compensate (apparently not).
Now I need to find out if it started earlier than that. I'm wondering if it started in 68 with the arrival of the Road Runner, or if prior to that.
Then I'd wonder, if earlier than that, did the single-exhaust 315hp Dodge and Chrysler engines get it, or just the 325hp dual exh versions???

No matter how much we know about these cars, there's lots of details still awaiting us...

So cutting through to the chase it is just a 69 four door sedan Polara. Clone, smone, be damned. Grade 3- and $4K at best.

Currently listed on eBay with a typo on the VIN (it reads DL41G9D00198 instead of DL41G9D300198). 27 bids, $2,105 as of this writing.

Most, but not all police optioned vehicles will display a DK prefix for the start of the VIN number
With the DK prefix, wouldn't that be in front of the Order number and not the vin number?
If it was the vin, it would read different than any other vins in the mopar line.
DL41G9D300198 would then be DL41G9DDK300198? That can't be correct. Must be the order number.
Can someone please confirm that?
I have read that the real cop cars always have some type of special designation in front of the order number.

OH, ok. I got it. Thanks for clearing that up. So DK41G9D300198 would be an actual cop car, if it were a real coppers car.

I'm not police car in the know like others here.
I can say DK usually starts the VIN on dodge C fuselage police cars.
I've seen 71s with DK, DE, DL. Yes, the Order number usually has a letter designation to start off with.

Back