Ford v Ferrari

Haven't made it back to a second viewing, but this ones coming home in DVD/BluRay, and will be watched when Laura is gone so I can crank the surround sound.

Only saw it once, will watch it again when it comes to netflix or whatever...
For those who like picking away at the inaccuracies of racing movies, like myself, i suggest this article to you: What’s Fact and What’s Fiction in Ford v. Ferrari And to everyone, I suggest this article that was written some 3 years ago about the highly controversial finish that in my eyes was mainly caused due to the lack of communication technologies at the time: Le Mans 1966: The Golden Mystery – dailysportscar.com
It may be that I was somehow distracted by the most uncomfortable movie theater chair I have ever experienced (a luxury recliner, made so short it manged to hurt both my ankles and neck)... but to me the appearance of the GT40 at the airport, for Shelby and Miles, was not possibly the first they'd have seen or heard of the thing... but I admit it did bring dramatic effect.

Only saw it once, will watch it again when it comes to netflix or whatever...

It may be that I was somehow distracted by the most uncomfortable movie theater chair I have ever experienced (a luxury recliner, made so short it manged to hurt both my ankles and neck)... but to me the appearance of the GT40 at the airport, for Shelby and Miles, was not possibly the first they'd have seen or heard of the thing... but I admit it did bring dramatic effect.

And that was the point Jeff!!! The planes in the background or delivering the car for that matter didn’t exist at the time either...

We are asked to suspend disbelief when watching a movie. No matter how good they are are they always blow it somewhere.

my daughter is worse than you about **** like that.... she’s a film major at BU... inconsistencies in background from shot to shot. Rough editing breaks and impossible camera angles drive her (and me) nuts.

Relax and enjoy is my motto.

here’s one just for you.... ever notice how when they use vintage cars in any background shot they are always sparkling clean with no dents or missing trim????

I enjoyed the film, although i had to watch it in German. I’ll have to catch the English version sometime. But nobody’s mentioned one of the best bits..... the ultra cool sunglasses!! ;-)

Relax and enjoy is my motto.

here’s one just for you.... ever notice how when they use vintage cars in any background shot they are always sparkling clean with no dents or missing trim????
Exactly what I try to do... sometimes crap is too much for me not to let it in though. F v F was very, very good... the inaccuracies were minor enough to forgive, the story is one of the all time greats (for any gearhead), I didn't know any of the character's personalities well enough to think they did a bad job (and we all knew it would be dramatized). Maybe the biggest surprise to me was how much I actually liked Jason Bourne as Carroll Shelby... I had my doubts about that going in.

As to the condition of the cars, I would get a lot more tweaked about gross model year inaccuracies... they did good in this. If you have an very good eye for detail and really, really know the cars... they aren't perfect, but I bet the number of folks who can pick out all the model year progressions on the 'vettes are few... let alone the Cobras and all the other machines.

As for the kid... let me know sometime how she likes the F & F franchise... I find them to be amusing action flicks, written by folks who can't spell automob "car" and like to see characters posturing while uttering cool sounding nonsense. Considering the success the films have had, and how very bad they really are, I'm sure she has an opinion or two.

Last edited:
Back