Found a 79 300 in a yard

70 Sport Suburban

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry the only pic I took of the car today the guy said he wanted 1500 for it. He said the guy he got it from told him something was wrong with the cam other then that pretty complete car. I did grab these from it are they center cap decals for the wheels?

20201109_085109.jpg

20201109_234715.jpg

Always neat to find one of these cars in not-too-bad condition. I always liked them and tried to purchase a used one in about 1981, but it was not to be. An ultimate-performace B-body for that model year, though. I test drove one in February of 1979, when the market for those cars had flat-lined. Quite impressive in the chassis department, even with the wimpy white letter Goodyears of that time on them. A set of later Eagle GTs would have been better. Bad thing about those aluminum wheels is that they are 15x6s, rather than 15x7s like the Magnum GTs had. Still neat cars! Thanks for posting!

CBODY67

Yes those are for the wheels! I need them want to sell, how much? Im up north of Madison, Id like to come down and check it out at the yard and see your collection. Please call me 920 887 8593 Beaver Dam Wi. Glenn.

GEDC0259.JPG

DSCN4345.JPG

DSCN4386.JPG

When the 1979 300 cars were new the dealerships still had them on the lot for a long time before they sold. One here in Scottsdale AZ had them well into the next model year on the lot. Don't know if this was common.

When the 1979 300 cars were new the dealerships still had them on the lot for a long time before they sold. One here in Scottsdale AZ had them well into the next model year on the lot. Don't know if this was common.

Same up here for me in Wisconsin...sitting on the lot a long time into the next model year. All chrome except bumpers were pitting on the dealers lot they were going to replace to get me to purchase the car. I did not buy that car.

Back