Freight shipping

Timmayy

Reaction score
Has anyone here used freight shipping to get large heavy parts? I just bought a tailgate for my Fury wagon. It's in PA and I need to get it to RI. The guy says he can strap it to a pallet but it would need to be picked up with a truck that has a tailgate. Pallet is 72x40 and about 200lbs total weight. I got one quote for $385. I'm wondering what any of you have used.

When i bought my replacement tailgate in South Dakota they put in a windshield box and strapped it with plastic banding and shipped it to warehouse where i knew the manager and i picked it up there. That was close to 10 years ago and cost me $250.00 for shipping no need for a pallet.

Anyone else have any ideas? I have a tailgate in Detroit that needs to go to Idaho, so the Fastenal idea doesn't work (outside of region).
Ideas welcome, it is to heavy for greyhound.
Mark

Try a company by the name of FREIGHTCENTER @ 800-716-7608 they advertise as a shipper of Autos and Auto Parts including body parts they might be able to help you.

They have a limited service area, but SpeeDee Delivery is a very good choice for auto parts.

Spee-Dee Delivery provides regular shipping services to all of Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin, as well as select cities and ZIP Codes in Michigan, Missouri, and Nebraska.

Back