Fuel level

MoparMcK

Reaction score
I installed a new tank and sending unit from Vans auto last winter. I just recently got the car on the road. When I first installed it I dumped ten gallons of gas in. Gauge went to half a tank. I noticed a few weeks ago, after many times of it running and moving it around, the gauge was reading 3/4 full. Once I finally got the title for it and plates. I went to give it its first full tank in 23 years. Now when it is full the gauge reads down a a 1/4 tank. I have 90 miles on the tank and the gauge now reads around a 1/2. At first I thought maybe a bad ground for the gauge. Wired straight to the battery and no change. So no I am leaning to the sending unit. Is it possible I installed the sending unit “upside down”? If not what are some other options?

I installed a new tank and sending unit from Vans auto last winter. I just recently got the car on the road. When I first installed it I dumped ten gallons of gas in. Gauge went to half a tank. I noticed a few weeks ago, after many times of it running and moving it around, the gauge was reading 3/4 full. Once I finally got the title for it and plates. I went to give it its first full tank in 23 years. Now when it is full the gauge reads down a a 1/4 tank. I have 90 miles on the tank and the gauge now reads around a 1/2. At first I thought maybe a bad ground for the gauge. Wired straight to the battery and no change. So no I am leaning to the sending unit. Is it possible I installed the sending unit “upside down”? If not what are some other options?
Did you figure this one out?

Back