Fury Convertible Roof

Sport Fury in OZ

Reaction score
Does any one a convertible around 1968 that they are put a new roof on or have one in pieces. I am after a few photos of how the roof is attched to the body of the car.
I have a owner manual and have seen a 67 but i can't see what is under the chrome strip.
My car came without a roof and living in Austraila convertibles are far and few between.
The motor trimmer thinks there is a tack strip of some sort holding the roof material down or does it glue to the body of the car.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Trevorhttps://www.google.com.au/search?bi...&ved=0CBkQBSgAahUKEwjbrai84MHIAhWCxqYKHUn6CaQ

Does any one a convertible around 1968 that they are put a new roof on or have one in pieces. I am after a few photos of how the roof is attched to the body of the car.
I have a owner manual and have seen a 67 but i can't see what is under the chrome strip.
My car came without a roof and living in Austraila convertibles are far and few between.
The motor trimmer thinks there is a tack strip of some sort holding the roof material down or does it glue to the body of the car.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Trevor

It's not a Fury, and it's not a 68, but here are the only pictures I have of my 65. This should be a similar installation. The stainless cover is laying next to the fastening strip.

Maybe Rexus31 has better ones.

deconsruction 004.jpgdeconsruction 006.jpg

deconsruction 004.jpg

deconsruction 006.jpg

I just had my 68 300 done and my installer said something about the tack strip he had to deal with.

Thanks 300rag for the photos.
I thought that is how it was fitted. My trimmer thought the was a tack strip under the metal retainer but from the photos it looks like is is glued to the body and then secured with the retainers.

Thanks guys.

300rag from what you can see does there look like there is any tack strip under the steel retainer?

Cheers Trevor

... but from the photos it looks like is is glued to the body and then secured with the retainers....

I think that is the case, but for some reason I remember a rubberized gasket type material under the roof vinyl. Again, maybe someone else like Zymurgy, or Rexus31, or Bryan has a more definitive answer.

Back