FYI - Walker muffler that fits the 1966 Newport

whotmewory

Reaction score
Just FYI, for the 1966 Chrysler Newport with 2-inch exhause pipes, the Walker P/N 21064 fits nicely. Regarding reversible installation, Walker Exhaust's online technical support, Tenneco North American Aftermarket,says that "The 21064 muffler can be used in both directions." You will notice that some auto parts sources incorrectly list this muffler as none-reversible.

Regarding the muffler's heat shield: Tenneco advizes: "The heat shield [faces] up toward the underside of the vehicle." (I had to ask because I thought it was a grass guard to prevent grass fires when you park in fields).

Hope this helps.

What's that thingamajig on the end there?

18290212_wal_21064_pri_larg.jpg

18290212_wal_21064_pri_larg.jpg

What's that thingamajig on the end there?

View attachment 3182

From my factory service manual for the 66 Newport, 300, Imperial, the original Chrysler installation called for a double hanger assembly aft of the muffler. The thingamajig is for the second hanger attachment. However this hanger is mostly gone these days from many cars.

This muffler AS SOLD has a center entrance and offset exit; the installation requires the opposite- offset entrance and centered exit.

But since the muffler is reversible - when you switch it around, you'll have to ignore this thingamajig - or tack weld a hanger to the underside of your car to use it.

Cheers!

Back