Gas cap, something more sylish than a radiator cap?

Steve-o

Reaction score
So the PO of this Fury III put a plastic locking gas cap on this car and it's a nightmare to get out of the filler neck, it gets tuck and is like 3" down in there. Looking at pics it seems like the original gas cap is basically a radiator cap.

Is there something out there you guys can recommend that is a direct fit for this car? It's a 68 (not wagon). I'm sure Stant has to make one right? I dont need one of these $60 billet aluminum deals, just something a little nicer..... like the one in the second pic.

The third one is very cool but kinda out of my budget....
Thanks

upload_2020-12-9_10-31-30.png

upload_2020-12-9_10-33-20.png

upload_2020-12-9_10-33-43.png

I put a plastic locking gas cap on mine, I don't trust apartment life with that. And it's a pita to remove and put on

I wound up getting a STANT cap for my Dip wagon, and it did the trick. I think it was $12 - $15.

If the cap is behind the license plate and not seen, I don't see what the big deal is with the 1st cap shown? My 300 has that cap. My A-100 on the other hand has the 2nd cap as it's on the side of the body, and can be seen. This is where the Mopar flip top cap would look cool! Just go with the 2nd cap if it bothers you that much. Good Luck

Ever try to remove a locking gas cap that has failed? Even if it's chromed metal?

Compare what you need, which will fit the filler neck and seal correctly, to something like a '72 and prior Chevy pickup truck (which has the filler neck exposed on the cab). Or Ford or Dodge, too.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Thanks, the FLAPS by me has the cap in the second pic in stock. The Chevy truck thing was way easier to find at all the local stores. I'm going to swing by after work and check it out. $8

The radiator cap thing just seems cheesy to me, yeah it's behind the license plate but I know it's there and I have to look at it when I get gas.

Just as Ma Mopar meant for them to be in ‘68 under the license plate.
image.jpg

The radiator cap thing just seems cheesy to me, yeah it's behind the license plate but I know it's there and I have to look at it when I get gas.

It's nice to see someone so anal about their gas caps that have been like that since before pollution control crap came along that they have to worry about it! Good Luck

Medina's looks close to the two pics below. I just bought a locking NOS cap (P/N 3583561) from @marty mopar, because she just turned 50. @CBODY67's warning about locking caps echoes what @71Polara383 told me, but I want to see what it'll look like. What's cooler than a cap reflecting the gas-stealing worries of the time?

upload_2020-12-9_10-31-30-png.png

image-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
My picture above, tells me I need to clean up my gas cap , and re plate my surface rusting hinge rod. The Eastwood plating must not have taken.

Back