General Spring

Was there a local shop that could have done the springs for you? Here I had a friend (now retired but the shop is still open) that would rebuild my springs, ad a leaf if needed and/or re-arch them back to original or even a little more to raise the back end. He just rebuilt a set for me earlier this year (before retirement) with re-arching and new bushings for $120. He was the go to guy in our area.

Was there a local shop that could have done the springs for you? Here I had a friend (now retired but the shop is still open) that would rebuild my springs, ad a leaf if needed and/or re-arch them back to original or even a little more to raise the back end. He just rebuilt a set for me earlier this year (before retirement) with re-arching and new bushings for $120. He was the go to guy in our area.
My experience with re-arched springs hasn't been good. After the **** show that happened to my car when the PO took it to a local "good shop" I won't consider it.

Of course if you had someone that knew what they were doing, that makes all the difference. its getting to be common place that finding people that do good work is tough at best and impossible a lot of the time.

This is from the workshop manual

IMG_20211119_201431.jpg

Back