Glad to Have Found You!

Reaction score
Hello! I am the happy owner of a 1963 Chrysler Newport six-passenger wagon! I grew up with a 9 passenger version that transported lots of kids, dogs, cats, buckets of sea shells, piles of camping equipment, and those cool red Igloo coolers for wayside picnics. My father sold that wagon when I was 12 years old, and my heart broke.
I searched for it for over 40 years. At last I found one - the right colors, the same push button transmission, the same car for all intents and purposes - and my husband and I bought it immediately. Online. Never seen in person. When it arrived weeks later on the back of a car carrier, it ran, stopped, and even smelled like the car I fell in love with as a kid! So here I am, loving it as it is, patina and all. My husband (a gearhead) and I (a car lover) are very slowly working on some safety and operational improvements. I am thrilled to have found this site and am looking forward to exchanging information, but mostly asking questions!
IMG_20191005_141824735.jpg

Hello from Germany!

Welcome and have fun here.
Congratulations on the Chrysler and I'm sure you and your husband will create many wonderful new memories with the wagon...

At last I found one - the right colors, the same push button transmission, the same car for all intents and purposes - and my husband and I...
Welcome from Indy!

You caught me surprised by mention of husband. Describing those car memories as a child made me assume it was a young boy to fall so hard for a station wagon!

There is a car collector on the SE side of Indy that might have some resources if you get in a pinch for difficult parts. He typically has only Hudsons and 65-newer Chryslers, but he knows a LOT of people. If you need his help, ping me and I can contact him.

PS - my white Fury in my avatar came from Morristown, IN, just a little north of you.

Back