Glad to join the forum

TheInstigator

Reaction score
Hey, folks. I haven't owned a C-body in more than 20 years, but the bug has bit me again. Back then, I found a rust-free '74 Monaco down in Houston, and went full Bluesmobile on it -- 440 drivetrain out of a Charger, the heavy torsion bars out of another wrecked car, new HD leaf springs, shocks, 9 1/4 rear. Then, with the arrival of a baby, I sold it. In the meantime, I've had the idea of a '69 Polara bouncing around my head. Certainly grateful for any leads. Don't care about drivetrain or color, just solid subframes and sheetmetal.
Anyway, glad to be back with such a magnificently unhinged group as C-body fanatics.

Welcome!
As a fellow member replied to me when I told of my 10 year-old self falling in love with a 1960 New Yorker, "Never give up on your dream car."
57 years later, that dream is a reality in my garage. Listen to the idea bouncing in your head. It can lead to a big smile if you act on it.
Good luck finding that Polara!

…I've had the idea of a '69 Polara bouncing around my head. Certainly grateful for any leads. Don't care about drivetrain or color, just solid subframes and sheetmetal.
Anyway, glad to be back with such a magnificently unhinged group as C-body fanatics.
A ’69 Polara looks really good in damn near any color, IMO - ones that I don’t even like on other Mopar models.

An unhinged group is where I best fit in!

Welcome! I like your avatar. I love all kinds of furry animals - a seemingly incompatible interest with the car hobby. :p

Welcome!
As a fellow member replied to me when I told of my 10 year-old self falling in love with a 1960 New Yorker, "Never give up on your dream car."
57 years later, that dream is a reality in my garage. Listen to the idea bouncing in your head. It can lead to a big smile if you act on it.
Good luck finding that Polara!
As an eight-year-old, my “falling in love with” the brand-new “Formal” Chrysler T&C turned into an obsession that the killjoy grownups around me tried to pathologize and vanquish. Now I’ve got a 2.5-ton, civilized alternative to a :icon_fU: in my driveway!

Back