Glass out for '67 headliner install?

If I remember correctly, it is preferable to have the front and rear glass removed when a headliner is installed. Not required, but highly desired.

If I remember correctly, it is preferable to have the front and rear glass removed when a headliner is installed. Not required, but highly desired.
"Highly Desired" is an understatement.
There are some gator teeth under the window seal that the headliner hook on.

Alan

I guessed as much. Getting that stretch in the rear to those teeth with glass in the way doesn't sound very pleasant. I appreciate the insight

I've never had to take out windows to replace headliners. Think about it, upholstery shops in the 70's and 80's did them all the time with glass in the car. Yes it's a bit harder, but the time involved to R&R both F & R window glasses and the trim is crazy.

I had all windows and related trim removed to install both the headliner and vinyl top.
Makes my installer happy and in return get an excellent job well done.
Worth the extra work.
Trust me.

1000001858.jpg

My dad had a headliner put in my 66 300 by a local shop back when he was daily driving it. They did not monkey with the glass and it came out perfect.
Travis..

Now on Frankie, our 69 F3, the windshield stayed put, but I had the rear window,all garnish trim, and all side trim and weatherstripping removed. Both headliner and vinyl top were done.
Post # 100 it starts..
Meet Maggie May!

Back