NOT MINE Glendale Mecum Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be a half-hearted restoration effort. It deserved better.............................

I was taught "whatever you do, do with all your might - things done by halves are never done right"

It seems to be a half-hearted restoration effort. It deserved better.............................

I was taught "whatever you do, do with all your might - things done by halves are never done right"
What did you notice that was left 1/2 done?

What did you notice that was left 1/2 done?

Besides being a non-stock paint color and dingy white walls, take a look at the close-up photo of the speedometer cluster area and the housing for the transmission shift buttons - it is corroded and unfinished and not something I would put up with in a restoration. Also, look at the dashpad, it has stitching and doesn't look very good overall (wrinkled and sags in parts and look at the fit around the transmission buttons housing) - the original dashpads had no stitching. When you see unfinished and half-assed work like this, it signals a lot about the rest of the car, especially in the parts of it you can not see. Guaranteed.

Last edited:
Besides being a non-stock paint color and dingy white walls, take a look at the close-up photo of the speedometer cluster area and the housing for the transmission shift buttons - it is corroded and unfinished and not something I would put up with in a restoration. Also, look at the dashpad, it has stitching and doesn't look very good overall (wrinkled and sags in parts and look at the fit around the transmission buttons housing) - the original dashpads had no stitching. When you see unfinished and half-assed work like this, it signals a lot about the rest of the car, especially in the parts of it you can not see. Guaranteed.
Thanks for taking the time to point those out. Sound like you have a good eye for looking at photos.

Thanks for taking the time to point those out. Sound like you have a good eye for looking at photos.

I have a fair amount of knowledge of these cars since I restored one some 45 years ago and that helps in seeing the faults:

1957 Chrysler 300C After Restoration.jpg

Nothing was spared that neeeded attention.

Had a Friend like that....
Send him a Photo of a Car you were Interested in & he had a Photographers Eye for Detail.
Could Rip a Car to Shreds just from a Photo.
Not saying that's a Bad Thing, he pointed out a Lot of Thing's I Missed. LOL
Tony.M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back