Going To Be An Interesting Day

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to take my Monaco wagon to a soundstage/movie studio in Phoenix to be used in a movie. From what I've been told it's a Christian movie about a family who adopts 6 kids. It takes place in 1969 so that's why they wanted a wagon. Today they will be shooting it in front of a green screen and will later add different locations the family will be visiting on vacation with computer generated images. Thursday it will be trailered up to Flagstaff to be filmed in front of the family's home. Looking forward to seeing the process.

Good deal man.

Seems like a "benign" (in the best way) usage .. vs. the calls I still get for burnouts and right 90-degree turns at 60 mph for my cop stuff. Period pieces obviously want "correct" vehicles. Guess your wagon, cuz its in excellent shape , close enough to '69 for their purposes, and "green screens' well.

Good luck man! Should be a hoot!

It seems like that's one of those movies/shows I watch and say "ooh, time travel" as I see a '74 wagon in '69. It does sound like an easy role for the wagon, though.

Film crews and actors can be rough on movie cars. Camera mounts, blackout tape, rambunctious passengers,poor driving choices yadda yadda. Stay with your car and watch/document any questionable actions/behaviours.

Been there done that. Just sayin'.

Film crews and actors can be rough on movie cars. Camera mounts, blackout tape, rambunctious passengers,poor driving choices yadda yadda. Stay with your car and watch/document any questionable actions/behaviours.

Been there done that. Just sayin'.
Oh yea I'm right here. Today all they're doing is filming the car in front of the green screen. We'll see what happens on Thursday.

Finally ready for the car.
20230523_143916.jpg
20230523_144009.jpg
20230523_144534.jpg

Back