Great old Promo film: 1970 Imperial vs Lincoln Dealer Promo Film

Yes, I misread that as well!
Takeaways from the film:
1. Imperial is way better than Lincoln.
2. Jeffrey can't park at the country club for ****.
3. Jeffrey is a ding-dong who can't remember which side the fuel filler is on.
4. Jeffrey hangs out in some rough 'hoods where your battery can get jacked.
5. Despite his shortcomings, Jeffrey gets mad amounts of hot go-go chicks.

Last edited:
An interesting comparison. IF all of those Mafia types on tv had driven Imperials rather than their wallowing Lincolns, more might have escaped their persuers? A little too much "Mercury" or "LTD" in those Lincoln Continentals?

Anybody notice the whitewall tires on the Imperial? Or that obviously the front clip was painted at a different spray gun pressure than the rest of the car (no color variation, but the metallic didn't lay the same way)?

Guess that Jeffrey was "pre-Charlie's Angels"? Thanks for posting.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Last edited:
I was digging the green go-go boots in a black and white world.
Oh and that Lincoln’s seatbelt can be dangerous when wearing a short skirt.

On my 1973 Monaco, it took a good hard look to see that with fender mount turn signals there are no signal lights in the instrument cluster. I thought I had light bulbs out.

An interesting comparison. IF all of those Mafia types on tv had driven Imperials rather than their wallowing Lincolns, more might have escaped their persuers? A little too much "Mercury" or "LTD" in those Lincoln Continentals?

Anybody notice the whitewall tires on the Imperial? Or that obviously the front clip was painted at a different spray gun pressure than the rest of the car (no color variation, but the metallic didn't lay the same way)?

Enjoy!
CBODY67[/QUOTE

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Speaking of TV mafia types, I have been watching some re-runs of Mannix on one of those cable networks. Hadn't seen it a LONG time, better than I remembered it. Chrysler provided vehicles for it, so the henchman always had a c-body (usually a 4-door hardtop) for a quick getaway. And the kingpin always has an Imperial, often a LeBaron!

Back