For Sale green 73 Monaco 4dr - torque monster, fastest thing in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury fan

Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT MINE
1973 Dodge Monaco Monaco | eBay

I'll pre-apologize for any offense to any smog-era C-body owners with what I'll say, but what this guy said can't go by without some snark.

"Torque Monster" is the best description I heard for this beast. Generally one of the fastest cars around town where I drive. Or maybe people just think it is. Gets a lot of respect. Muscle car. Top of the line Dodge for it's year. Big Block V8. Over 300 foot pounds of torque in an engine mated to a 727 torqueflite transmission.

If this is one of the fastest cars in town, there must not be any modern Hondas, Toyotas, Mazdas, Subarus, Kias, Hyundais, GMs, Fords, Chryslers, Jeeps, Teslas, VWs, BMWs, Volvos, Mercedes... did I leave anything out?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

As far as 4dr pickles go, this one is not a bad looking car. At 160k miles it is probably not worth much over $2.5 k, so we have another dreamer.

Dave

300 lbs of torque is about right for a 73 M code 400 2v w 175hp.
must be a torque monster where he's from i guess......
i do love the front end of the 72 n 73 monacos

Love the front end.But not a coupe.I,ve driven cars with 100,000 miles and they tend to be tired,especially trans.,unless they have been meticulously cared for.Maybe 3000.00. B.B

There is an entire generation out there born and raised on 4cyl fwd econo boxes. My nephew thought his dad’s 80s V6 Caravan was fast. Then he rode in my 5.0 HO LSC. Scared the crap out of the poor kid when the back end got lose.

HA!What babies.What i loved about my 440 car was you could put it in drive and that heavy car would just take off.TORQUE.And the car was a battering ram.Ran it through a snow drift once.Bumpers could be put on the front of an Ice Breaker in the arctic.Heh.Living room on wheels.Last great full size american cars made.B.B

There is an entire generation out there born and raised on 4cyl fwd econo boxes. My nephew thought his dad’s 80s V6 Caravan was fast. Then he rode in my 5.0 HO LSC. Scared the crap out of the poor kid when the back end got lose.

As a former LSC owner (2 of them, both mildly modded), imagine what that kid would've thought in a Mustang GT at prob 500-750lbs lighter.

But now take an LSC, at 225hp with a 4-speed auto, and go out and play against modern 250-280hp V6 cars with 6-8-speed gearboxes.
New stuff is faster than ever.

Oooh.That,s cruel.Pacer.heh.They,re cute for what they are but this about FULL-SIZE-CBODY-CARS!!!!!!!!!! WOOF! Heh.I like the javelins though.B.B

Regardless of the paper specs. we found a 2bbl big block towed our trailer much better than the 360.
Our 71 Sport Fury ran fine until you put a loaded it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back