Happy Memorial Day

To all those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country and the freedoms we daily enjoy I say THANK YOU. I hope we all stop to remember the fallen and what their families have endured because of what they have given our nation.

IMG_0760.JPG

Google once again manages to disappoint with their hardly noticeable "tribute". If it's an obscure figures birthday, pull out all the stops though.
upload_2018-5-28_14-39-37.png

Veterans Day is about gratitude and happy.
Memorial Day is for remembrance and somber reflection.
It certainly is I think people got it.judging by the members posts I think we are all aware . I thank you for reminding us though. I get what your saying. I like countless others have lost family members, friends and neighbors due to war. It is to bad in a way that memorial day coincides with the unofficial start of summer, parades, family get togethers etc. In a way you look around and see all the happy people and I think its not fair but then I realize this is what these wonderful men and womens sacrifice allows us to do. I think myself If people remembered me on a day that families get together, friends have bbq's parades and the great thought that my day is the start of summer I would be floored. To myself I think about our soldiers who have died so young and missed out on what I take for granted everyday. I have nothing but complete love and admiration that someone I don't even know gave there life for this great country so that others can enjoy our freedom. It absolutely amazes me and I will never forget why I am here and who made it all happen. I certainly know the difference between memorial day and veterans day but in all honesty I don't really need a day on a calender to remind me cause I remember them everyday. I speak for myself and I don't judge others. If I offended you in any way. I don't really have an answer that was never an intention or even a thought.

It certainly is I think people got it.judging by the members posts I think we are all aware . I thank you for reminding us though. I get what your saying. I like countless others have lost family members, friends and neighbors due to war. It is to bad in a way that memorial day coincides with the unofficial start of summer, parades, family get togethers etc. In a way you look around and see all the happy people and I think its not fair but then I realize this is what these wonderful men and womens sacrifice allows us to do. I think myself If people remembered me on a day that families get together, friends have bbq's parades and the great thought that my day is the start of summer I would be floored. To myself I think about our soldiers who have died so young and missed out on what I take for granted everyday. I have nothing but complete love and admiration that someone I don't even know gave there life for this great country so that others can enjoy our freedom. It absolutely amazes me and I will never forget why I am here and who made it all happen. I certainly know the difference between memorial day and veterans day but in all honesty I don't really need a day on a calender to remind me cause I remember them everyday. I speak for myself and I don't judge others. If I offended you in any way. I don't really have an answer that was never an intention or even a thought.

Thanks for your post.

It’s just that I see more and more messages posted across all platforms from people that are obviously confusing the reason for Memorial Day and Veterans Day. That troubles me.

Your second post helped clarify you’re not one of them.

Back