Has anyone been able to find how many of their car were made?

Adebrea

Reaction score
I have been interested to find out how many 1967 sport fury convertibles have been made. I know there were 3,133 sport fury convertibles made in 1967. Is there a way to find out how many came with my options? ex 383, white on black interior, red paint, sure grip rear end.

The Galen Govier books should give you an idea of production numbers of your convertible with your engine and transmission combination. But beyond that I think you're out of luck. There may of course be some kind of percentages of 67 Plymouths were painted red, what percentage of 67 Plymouths had the sure grip rear, and what percentage of 67 Plymouths had black interior. But even if Chrysler can provide those percentages, none would apply specifically to 67 Sport Fury convertibles.
Locate a Galen Govier book that covers production figures for the model year of your car, and just be happy that you can find out how many 383 2 bbl automatics were made and how many 383 2 bbl 4 speeds were made, and how many 383 4 bbl automatics and how many 383 4 bbl 4 speeds were made.

With Chrysler products (including Dodge Plymouth) the best that you will get is Year, Make, Model, Engine & Trans and even then it is an approximation.

The Galen Govier books are the best source but they are full of errors (the further you get from a Hemi E-Body)

For the 1967 Sport Fury Convertible it looks like the best they list is 3123 and that is for all engine/trans combos, still not bad.

If I had to guess I'd say a majority of them probably had a 383.

Alan

pretty good info here Abedbrea and rest assured there are not many left and certainly not many left or even produced that had your particular combination of color and options to start with.

I will say your car probably had matching door panels and seats. If the white door panels are original then the black seats are probably swapped but the black dash and carpet would have been original along with the absent black console.

Nice project you have there.

Back