Hellcat Challenger Shames a Tesla

I have a few buddies with them & they've all run tens on just drag radials. Need to replace the driveshaft though cuz good traction will snap the stock shaft.

I'm sure someone can explain how the Tesla got such a large lead at the beginning and then fail to maintain it?

I'm sure someone can explain how the Tesla got such a large lead at the beginning and then fail to maintain it?
The electric motor has instant torque. The Tesla p85d has all wheel drive as well.

Electric motor has 100% of torque available immediately. He also may have had a better light.

Here is the time slip. The Tesla got the jump on him but he evened up at the 300ft mark. It was a warm day up here for the time of year (55deg) and it was his first run in the car. His last run was in the 10's

image.jpg

Too true Stan but the Tesla driver asked for it. I'd race him just to send him a message that real cars burn good ol gasoline and are only plugged in when its freezing out.

If Chrysler wants to still be around 20 years from now, they had better start putting some $$ into developing electric cars and hybrids, not to mention fuel cells, rather than 10 second Challegers. Toyota ain't stupid, and that is where there money is going. Sergio keeps talking he needs to merge with GM or some other large company to stay afloat over the long term, but other companies that use their money more wisely aren't so needy. I love the Hellcat too, but that car took a lot of development $$.

You know you're talking about a match up than no one gives two shits about, right?
Sigh..... Just because you're into a different type of drag, Stan.

Tesla is a BAD *** car but it's no match for the monster kitty. Not much on the road is.

Tesla is a BAD *** car but it's no match for the monster kitty. Not much on the road is.
HowTF can it be "BAD ***" when 99.999% of it's use is being stuck on The Expressway during rush hour while the "driver" is texting his clients on his BlackBerry cuz an iPhone is too complicated?

I would love to buy a electric car but I can't afford that either. The joy of not having to stop at a god damn super convenience store to get gas while all the DH are in there buying sandwiches. Hellcats and other such cars are for vacations, weekends, and 3am blast down country roads. Commuting is for KIA's or whatever shitbox you choose, my commute is a 100' walk across the yard.

There is always a place for performance at Mopar.
x 2 and i would never own an electric car for these reasons. #1 they dont stink when u start them and #2 they dont have that nice real engine rumble from a nice cam and well i could go on and on and on.

I would love to buy a electric car but I can't afford that either. The joy of not having to stop at a god damn super convenience store to get gas while all the DH are in there buying sandwiches. Hellcats and other such cars are for vacations, weekends, and 3am blast down country roads. Commuting is for KIA's or whatever shitbox you choose, my commute is a 100' walk across the yard.

The range is fairly short for any distance trip with the Tesla. I think about 150 miles if you run it hard, 250 being careful. A Volt will run about 40 miles and then the gas engine kicks on.

The range is fairly short for any distance trip with the Tesla. I think about 150 miles if you run it hard, 250 being careful. A Volt will run about 40 miles and then the gas engine kicks on.
I can only go 150 miles in my Challenger because I don't trust the crap sending unit. I guess if you commute more than 150 miles a day you need a Hellcat or a Helicoptor.

HowTF can it be "BAD ***" when 99.999% of it's use is being stuck on The Expressway during rush hour while the "driver" is texting his clients on his BlackBerry cuz an iPhone is too complicated?
What does any of that have to do with the car? Plain & simple, they're making some very fast, very nice, very cool cars. Kudos to them.

Back