Hello all, former '66 Newport owner, on the search for another one . . .

darth_linux

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for having me here.

I owned a 1966 Chrysler Newport 4 door sedan from 1988 to 1992. It developed some mechanical issues that I was too poor and inexperienced to repair myself, then it got vandalized, and I ended up selling it for maybe $200 (don't remember). Anyway, it was definitely the car that "got away" and after decades of Jeeps, Chevrolets, and dreaming of Grand National's, GTOs, Taurus SHOs, and Thunderbird Turbo Coupes, I've finally decided to go back the vehicle that got me hooked on classic cars, and do it all the right way, not just keeping it running, but improving and revitalizing it.

I'm looking for a '66 Newport Convertible or 2 Door, in Turquoise or light Mist Blue. I'd settle for the Royal Blue. Not really interested in black, white, copper/bronze, or yellow. I miss that turquoise interior!

I'm not looking for a basket case, nor am I looking for a trailer queen - I'd love to find something that is mostly original and needs some TLC. I'm not gonna do a "restore" as much as a "refresh" and keep it on the road as much as possible. PM me if you have a lead.

thank you, Dave

dave_newport_1991.jpg

Welcome from Virginia!
Best of Luck! You may get more interest/leads by posting in the Wanted forum.

I owned a 1966 Chrysler Newport 4 door sedan from 1988 to 1992. It developed some mechanical issues that I was too poor and inexperienced to repair myself, then it got vandalized, and I ended up selling it for maybe $200 (don't remember). Anyway, it was definitely the car that "got away" and after decades of Jeeps, Chevrolets, and dreaming of Grand National's, GTOs, Taurus SHOs, and Thunderbird Turbo Coupes, I've finally decided to go back the vehicle that got me hooked on classic cars, and do it all the right way, not just keeping it running, but improving and revitalizing it.

I'm looking for a '66 Newport Convertible or 2 Door, in Turquoise or light Mist Blue. I'd settle for the Royal Blue. Not really interested in black, white, copper/bronze, or yellow. I miss that turquoise interior!

I'm not looking for a basket case, nor am I looking for a trailer queen - I'd love to find something that is mostly original and needs some TLC. I'm not gonna do a "restore" as much as a "refresh" and keep it on the road as much as possible. PM me if you have a lead.

thank you, Dave

View attachment 562117

I have a '66 300 coupe. It's not the color you want, but it may fill the bill.
IMG_20220619_161710388_HDR.jpg

thank you, Dave

View attachment 562117
Welcome to the site. Starting a wanted thread is the way to go.

Back