hello all

hickman

Reaction score
always been a gm guy 73 to 76 impalas are my thing but growing up in the demolition derby world the mopars are no joke, always wanted one to add to my collection and here i am proud 2nd owner of a 67 Monaco 4 door hardtop 383

Snapchat-1107453167 (1).jpg

Welcome!
I own a 67 Monaco 2dr, Canadian built.
67 was a transitional year with some interesting thing happening pertaini g to the full sized Dodges.
Wierd Vin numbers, different tail lights,grilles,etc. Depending where it was buikt and what specs itxwas built for.
Can you post a photo of your car's fender tag?
Located under the hood left inner fender.
Looks sonething like this..

1000000868.jpg

Welcome!
I own a 67 Monaco 2dr, Canadian built.
67 was a transitional year with some interesting thing happening pertaini g to the full sized Dodges.
Wierd Vin numbers, different tail lights,grilles,etc. Depending where it was buikt and what specs itxwas built for.
Can you post a photo of your car's fender tag?
Located under the hood left inner fender.
Looks sonething like this..

View attachment 632242

20231213_120531.jpg

Thanks!
Phillips head screws..possibly Windsor Ontario built car specd for US market?
Belvidere plant used rivets.
Does your VIN tag in driver door post say MADE IN CANADA?
does indeed say made in canada eh... foreign built junk haha

On one of those threads I linked, there is a debate about some Monaco's that were built with Polara tailights and front grille inserts.
What do you have on yours?
Post more pics of your car. Love the butternut yellow.

On one of those threads I linked, there is a debate about some Monaco's that were built with Polara tailights and front grille inserts.
the ones in the car have the wide aluminum ring around the outside of the taillights but it came with an extra set of the other style in the trunk. ill pull it out side this weekend and get some more pics

20231218_123632.jpg

20231218_123620.jpg

20231218_123305.jpg

20231218_123324.jpg

20231218_123311.jpg

20231218_123255.jpg

Polara tail lights, but MONACO spelled out on the trunk, and correct Monaco front grill. But I don't see any badges on the door panels. Factory A/C, seats look to be in great shape, as is the dash pad and arm rests. Side trim is all there. Can't quite make out the build date from the fender tag. 14 inch rims - what tire size do you have on there?

Polara tail lights, but MONACO spelled out on the trunk, and correct Monaco front grill. But I don't see any badges on the door panels. Factory A/C, seats look to be in great shape, as is the dash pad and arm rests. Side trim is all there. Can't quite make out the build date from the fender tag. 14 inch rims - what tire size do you have on there?
Tires are 215 75 14

As far as I can tell, this car wasn't ever spotted here for sale. Where did you see it? Craigs list? BAT? Fecebook? Ebay?

As far as I can tell, this car wasn't ever spotted here for sale. Where did you see it? Craigs list? BAT? Fecebook? Ebay?
Long story short, local car I've tried buy a handful of times. Buddy of mine got it and I bought it from him

From your fender tag:

h7 - fender mounted turn indicators
j4 - side body sill moulding
q4 - don't know
w8 - made in Windsor for export to US

R1 - radio (2 watt AM radio)
S1 - factory installed A/C with heater
T8 - don't know, maybe clock?
X1 - glass - all tinted
Y6 - black vinyl top

AX? - Axle ratio (can't read it)

TRM H5X - The X is Black, The 5 is seat covering, The H I don't know.

DH43 - Carline & Model (Monaco 4dr hardtop)
61 - engine (383 2bbl)
5 - transmission (3 speed auto)
564 (hard to read) - tire code.

Don't have tire codes handy, but likely this is going to be 8.25" x 14. The 3'rd number (4) is unusual, should be 5 if there was a spare, or nothing if no spare. Don't know what 4 would mean.

The next 3 numbers is scheduled build date, I can't read. Possibly first digit is 9 which would indicate September (1966)

Back