Structural support for firewall and console.jpg
FOFW 2.jpgFOFW.jpgFraming out firewall..jpgFOFW 3.jpg

Structural support for firewall and console.jpg

FOFW 2.jpg

FOFW.jpg

Framing out firewall..jpg

FOFW 4.jpg

FOFW 3.jpg

We then had to figure out what to do with the driveshaft. The magnum transmission needed to hook to the '55 rear. So we took both driveshafts and cut off the end pc of one, welded, and smoothed out.

DriveShaft modification.jpgNew Driveshaft.jpgDriveShaft installed.jpg

DriveShaft modification.jpg

New Driveshaft.jpg

DriveShaft installed.jpg

We fabricated some new inner fender wells to coexist with the new overflow jug, computer, etc... from the magnum.

20151109_172946.jpg20151109_172926.jpgimagejpeg_1.jpgimagejpeg_4.jpgimagejpeg_3.jpg

We are now working on the floor boards.

20151201_120836.jpg

20151109_172946.jpg

20151109_172926.jpg

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg

imagejpeg_3.jpg

20151201_120836.jpg

Speaking of the whoe mechanism Salem7_10, have fun lining up the brake pivot arm, booster, push rod, along with the M/C. That can be a geometric nitemare. I had to modify the brake pivot arm 3 timez to get the right swing and elevation on it. And wouldn't you think their would be some semblance of the same pattern of the 4 studz on the booster that come thru the firewall over just a few yearz let alone a few decades? Hell no, lol Lookin' good Man, keep it comin', Jer

Let me know what you think so far. I look forward to seeing the comments, suggestions, questions after you get a chance to review the pictures.

@ BIGBARNEYCARS - Oh I understand what you are saying. We racked our brains on a few things so far and I do not think it will get any easier in the future. You make one wrong move or dont think how a change might affect other measurements along the way and you will suffer. LOL!!!

Missed this thread the first time around. Looks like a challenging project but your experience will help the next guy here that wants to try this. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Wow, a hemi transplant is impressive enough. The work you've done on the firewall and dash is simply over the top! I can't wait to see it finished.

My only concern is the drive shaft. Back in my 4x4 days I managed to break/bend a number of them and always used a drive shaft shop for repairs. They use some pretty fancy equipment to ensure alignment and high speed balancing.

stock rear may =
100_1491.jpg

seriously though, nice fab work. the inner fenders are amazing.

Back