Hitler Parade Car to be Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson

I don't think it should be destroyed but I do think it needs to be on display at one of the public sites that I mentioned previously. More than likely someone will buy that car that has more money than brains and hide it for another 30 years. Seeing it on B-J will probably be the only time any of us will ever see it.

whats a willy pete?
White phosphorus grenade. Used to disable vehicles or equipment that must be abandoned by melting holes in critical metal parts. Highly effective if placed above gas tanks or ammunition storage areas. Also used to disable captured enemy equipment or as an incendiary device. Can be thrown like a conventional grenade, not a popular choice for infantry troops as the grenade had a larger burst radius than most troopers could throw it. Good way to toast yourself. Phosphorus burns underwater so it is very difficult to put out in the field.

Dave

Last edited:
I am a firm believer that history must be preserved. Too many young people are being taught politically correct crap that has little resemblance to actual historic events. Put it in the Smithsonian with a video presentation detailing the holocaust before it is forgotten.

Dave

Apparently they were worried about IED's back then too.

Though not technically an IED, The Gammon bomb was used to kill Heydrich Reinhard, a senior German officer known as "The Butcher of Prague". The German Military was highly concerned about similar attacks and armor plated many official cars afterwards.
The Gammon Bomb was a British device that used C-2 explosive inside of a sticky plastic wrapper that was designed to be hand thrown and stick to a vehicle before detonating. In partizan hands, the grenade was frequently packed with shrapnel (IED) to increase effectiveness against troops in trucks, etc.

Dave

Last edited:
I am a firm believer that history must be preserved. Too many young people are being taught politically correct crap that has little resemblance to actual historic events. Put it in the Smithsonian with a video presentation detailing the holocaust before it is forgotten.

Dave

Agreed, when I retired a small ceremony was held in the chapel with few in attendance, now I don't see anything offered. I made a special trip to visit krakow in 2001 and its sickening to think how sheltered the current young generation is from recent world history. "Arbeit mact frei"
While its a beautiful machine, the history tied to it, means it should be on display not hidden away. It's worth nothing and priceless all at the same time.

So why would you pick Barret Jackson, instead of one of the high end auction houses? BJ would not be the first choice for something like this, but possibly the high end houses said no to due to controversy.

So why would you pick Barret Jackson, instead of one of the high end auction houses? BJ would not be the first choice for something like this, but possibly the high end houses said no to due to controversy.

I'll guess that it comes down to seller commissions.

H
Agreed, when I retired a small ceremony was held in the chapel with few in attendance, now I don't see anything offered. I made a special trip to visit krakow in 2001 and its sickening to think how sheltered the current young generation is from recent world history. "Arbeit mact frei"
While its a beautiful machine, the history tied to it, means it should be on display not hidden away. It's worth nothing and priceless all at the same time.

Here in the "People's Republic of Oregon" they decided to protest in Portland against the inauguration of President Trump. High School students were observed by the news media holding signs that read "No to Fascism", Trump is a Fascist, etc., when asked by a TV reporter what a fascist was, not one of them had a clue what they were. They were handed signs (by their teachers) and told it was important to protest. So goes our quest for higher education! One would hope that it should not be necessary to be in college level political science courses to figure out what a fascist is, especially if one is marching the streets in protest. "Work will indeed set you free", but only if you take the time to figure out what you are working for (protesting).

Dave

when asked by a TV reporter what a fascist was, not one of them had a clue what they were. They were handed signs (by their teachers) and told it was important to protest. So goes our quest for higher education! One would hope that it should not be necessary to be in college level political science courses to figure out what a fascist is, especially if one is marching the streets in protest. "Work will indeed set you free", but only if you take the time to figure out what you are working for (protesting).

Dave

Excellent use of YouTube...

As for the car itself... It should be used to run over Bob Eaton (spit on ground), then auctioned. The proceeds should then be used to create free coloring books to educate ignorant mass-media fucktards about history.

Nazis helped Bosch, Mercedes, Deutsche Bank and VW get rich using slaves | Daily Mail Online

P-Diddy-Maybach-600x600.jpg

If P. Diddy had materialized inside a Mercedes factory 75 years ago he would have either been chimney smoke or literally worked to death. If a Cadillac factory in Detroit, he would have joined thousands who looked like him and were given good paying jobs.

afdf4d849d1a28c3bc3d4d20ebfcb16f--cadillac-vintage-cars.jpg

...but a Charger from a pretend TV show with an extremely thin connection to a 150 year old internal war is somehow more offensive.

Last edited:
And he wants to buy the Carolina Panthers and hire the loser Kapernick......

DPWG4IBX0AAJV6T.jpg

...but a Charger from a pretend TV show with an extremely thin connection to a 150 year old internal war is somehow more offensive.
I thought of more as real TV show with a pretend Charger... :rolleyes:

BTW, the folks you are referring to wouldn't care a bit about the slavery your link describes... those were light skinned people from a war that occurred just last century... to them REAL issue is about dark skinned people and war that was almost a century before that.

Dang... that is probably going to make someone think I'm bigoted...

Beautiful car.
So much disinformation and so many lies regarding WW2 :BangHead:

H

Here in the "People's Republic of Oregon" they decided to protest in Portland against the inauguration of President Trump. High School students were observed by the news media holding signs that read "No to Fascism", Trump is a Fascist, etc., when asked by a TV reporter what a fascist was, not one of them had a clue what they were. They were handed signs (by their teachers) and told it was important to protest. So goes our quest for higher education! One would hope that it should not be necessary to be in college level political science courses to figure out what a fascist is, especially if one is marching the streets in protest. "Work will indeed set you free", but only if you take the time to figure out what you are working for (protesting).

Dave
I'm not sure they would figure it out in a college level class due to misinformation and glorification of everything that is liberal, fair, equal...

Beautiful car.
So much disinformation and so many lies regarding WW2 :BangHead:

That's why there is history classes and things need to stand, not destroyed as the south is doing right now. Removing all the statues and monuments is just wrong, they need to remember why they are here.

Back