Horn Pad Removal-77 NYB

77newyorker440

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the horn pad in a 77 NYB with the tilt/telescope two spoke wheel? Trying to be very cautious cause it is hard to replace if it gets broken
Thanks,
77newyorker440

I believe it's the same as my 75 Imperial and the FSM has some pictures so you might want to check yours. Basically, there are some openings on the rear side of the wheel that you push through to remove the horn pad. Don't pry from the front with a screwdriver!

Round head Phillips head screws, accessible from the rear side of the spokes? One, maybe two, per side?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I've always just gently pried from the front without issue...

The pad is just clipped into place (no screws). There are access holes on the back of the steering wheel. Use a Phillips head screwdriver (or a dowel) and gently push the pad away from the wheel from behind. Best way to not damage the pad.

Aaron

If you need to replace the horn pad any similar T&T Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge horn pad will work. Just have to switch out the medallion if different.

Got horn pad off and hazard switch problem fixed, able to push it back out from inside column. horn plastic piece crumbled but going to replace that soon, put wheel back on and horn was stuck on!
Thank you,
77newyorker440

Back