How much are clean 1974-75 Dodge Monoco ex-cop cars selling for?

Commodore*

Reaction score
I've had a nice California (tan interior) 1975 cop car offered to me.

Has K in second digit of the serial.

Been sitting outside for years but still decent.

How much should I offer?

Commodore

A lot will depend on how much it will need to be roadworthy. (Brakes, tires, hoses, belts for sure. Gas tank and fuel system is also going to be toast if the vehicle had fuel in it when it was parked.) If this is a CHP car, it probably has the 440 and standard police options. "K" second digit suggests that it is a police optioned vehicle and not one of the many clones that are showing up. You should try to access the build sheet behind the top half of the rear seat to determine which options this vehicle has. Police cruisers lead a hard life and many of them had replacement crate engines put in them during their service life. A replacement engine drops the value somewhat. If this is a 440 cruiser, there should be a date code on the pad to the right of the distributor. Code for '75 is 5T-440.

You would to find out if the vehicle will start and run. A stuck engine is an expensive fix. Outdoor storage tends to bleach the interior and do damage to the floors, have someone who knows restoration work evaluate the frame and lower body for rust. Really need a lot more info to suggest a price, does the vehicle still have any light bars, spot lights or radios? These items are usually missing and expensive to replace.

Dave

Because of the Blues Brothers, these cars are very expensive.

If the body is mostly rust free and the car is complete including full drivetrain, you may have to offer $5000 for the car non-running.

How much should I offer?

Commodore
These cars are going for the price someone would pay or how much you would pay for it
(just some useless humor)

How much should I offer?

Commodore
I am working on a 1974 Chicago Police car that was actually in the Blues Brothers movie, for a customer.
I need to find a windshield for this car, very badly
Please let me know if anyone has a source for one.
John
My email address is fineridez@gmail.com

Back