For Sale Hurry...Only 24 hours left

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not if they were never used, never returned . Remember, they werent recall wheels untill the recall, they were just road wheels

At Carlisle this past July I looked at one of the wheels Great Lakes has in this auction for a friend and based on what I saw, they do not appear to have ever been mounted and they are not perfect due to being in storage for a long time.

s-l1600.jpg

@ $1600 a set... I'd take the knockoff... really would love a set of 7" Road Wheels... but I'm too cheap even if I did find them.
recall.png

I'd take a set of C-body road wheels over those recall wheels, I've never really liked the way they look.

They recalled the wheels for what reason? Coming apart or?

I don't believe there was ever an actual failure, but there were reports of lug torque being lost on test vehicles, which of course could then lead to cracks. This being Chrysler's first use of an aluminum rim, they played it conservative and recalled the option. That "fear" lasted ten years before they tried aluminum again.

I have a feeling this had more to do with a guy who didn't want the risk vs. an actual defect.

Last edited:
Were those recall wheels available in 14" dia. small bolt pattern also? I recall those offered on 69 cudas.
I'd rather find a set like Mr. Fix it has for my Monaco.

Were those recall wheels available in 14" dia. small bolt pattern also? I recall those offered on 69 cudas.
I'd rather find a set like Mr. Fix it has for my Monaco.

1) yes, I think so.

2) no offense but those rims scream 1980. I like them, but on a Mirada. Stock or period-correct (even in a size up to 17") for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back