Hurst Nationals 2018

Love the 70 Chrysler 300H. Gorgeous looking car. Love the Hurst memorabilia too. Boo a Camaro.

:lol:

Yeah, I've been through a lot of searches here for H-specific info and didn't find a Holy Grail of OEM info, but there is indeed PLENTY of good info here, and I intend to read every word of it. Especially for getting my AC working....I spent most of my time in Carlisle talking to people about the options (I have a lot of F12, so I can go that route).

And I did meet Al Moon. Great guy, and he knows of my car as the PO was a member for forever.
Next time you're at Carlisle get Allan's wife in a corner and ask her your Hurst questions. Some timez I think she knows more then her ole' Man does, lol. BTW, Think about putting a good straight edge on the hose fitting flange where it mounts on back side of the Tecumseh Compressor. I fought the A/C on my Hurst for years and had just about run out of ideas after 10-12 years of fighting a "NOT SLOW LEAK" of R12. (flange was warped) AAARRR, Jer

Just a minute ago I saw the FTM WKS plate and realized what it was. Much thanks for that rundown, and yes....the rad, the H on the trunk, and the awful, awful, awful exhaust tips "tipped" me off that this wasn't a great Reference car...and I hadn't seen the Hs on the door panels. I can forgive the tacho....my car came with a leeeetle one kinda hiding the volt meter.

For a brief instant, I thought my car was MISSING the H on the decklid, LOL!

Anything else you notice so I can zoom in, please?

Oh, and the 300H that sold on Saturday afternoon was in decent condition, except for an H on the dash near the fuel gage, and awful, awful quad tips again. Who started that silly trend 15 years ago? My car has awful, awful Charger tips (I think) that stick out past the valance about 8 inches...like jets....that will be getting converted to conventional downturns in the very near future.

As for good 300H pics, I search the forum somewhat and didn't see a nice pile of good details shots. Can you point me? ( Yes I know about SEARCH)
What's wrong with the tips? The spacing or that they're sticking out too far? My understanding is that the 300 Hurst similar-to Challenger tips came in the trunk and in many cases were never installed. Interesting in that the valance appears to have been notched...

But they were meant to be part of the "look"...factory photo for ref:

ca8395-d.jpg

Lots of people say they didn’t come with those tips but mine had them. I’m 99% sure they were original as they were rough as hell and matched the rest of my car.

What's wrong with the tips? The spacing or that they're sticking out too far? My understanding is that the 300 Hurst similar-to Challenger tips came in the trunk and in many cases were never installed. Interesting in that the valance appears to have been notched...

But they were meant to be part of the "look"...factory photo for ref:

View attachment 269870

Yeah, I know they were "part of the look", but it's not a good look IMHO. It's kinda like fart cans on a Honda. As you mentioned, I think they stick out too far, hand too low, and are too "in your face" for a luxo car. A wee bit over-the-top.

And yes, I've noticed that notched valance in the factory photo, but have never seen it on a car or in web photos. Has anyone? The notch would reduce the protuberance factor.

My broadcast sheet indicates "no tips". And believe me, I couldn't remove the tacky aftermarket tips that the PO installed FAST ENOUGH when he had the very nice custom exhaust system made 15 years ago. How awful was this?
Rear View.JPG

Lots of people say they didn’t come with those tips but mine had them. I’m 99% sure they were original as they were rough as hell and matched the rest of my car.

Was the valance notched?

Come to think of it, with your Mad Metalworking Skills, you could make your own rolled-edge valance notch! How cool would that look?

Back