HVAC fan removal

Bells Yorker

Reaction score
Trying to replace the HVAC fan. I have removed the 3 screws in the band around the rubber ring BUT seems like I'm missing something. Don't want to break hard to find parts. What am I missing?

IMG_20160710_140303.jpg

From your pix it lookz like the three rubber donutz that cushon the motor are preventing the "cage" along with the motor from being extracted. Pull them off the studz and you should be home free, Jer

I think you need to take the assembly out the other way, the squirrel cage probably needs to be removed first.

Alan

The fan is holding it up. There should be three small sheet metal screws around the circumference of the whole unit. if you remove those the unit will come right out. You should consider buying the FSM for your car.

The fan is holding it up. There should be three small sheet metal screws around the circumference of the whole unit. if you remove those the unit will come right out. You should consider buying the FSM for your car.

Ya I removed those 3 screws yet it still feels pretty stuck, guess i will pry away and hope i don't break anything. I have a FSM but seems to not have this page, hmmm

Ya I removed those 3 screws yet it still feels pretty stuck, guess i will pry away and hope i don't break anything. I have a FSM but seems to not have this page, hmmm
It is most likely the gasket sticking. That makes it fun to re-install when everything is flopping around.

Reattach the three nuts you removed and try to get it as close to where it was originally mounted as possible. It's a tight fit so you are probably still getting caught up on the fan because it isn't secure and centered. FWIW, my motor did not have a gasket. The page I posted was out of the supplemental AC FSM. If you have Factory AC, it is worth picking up.

Once you have the motor mounted back to the ring and the three sheet metal screws removed spray a little bit of lubricant around it. Wiggle it around as much as you can. Then take the largest common screw driver you have put the blade down at the back side of the mount flange and as you wiggle the motor twist the screw driver.

This is what I had to do to get mine off. I didn't put a mark on it doing it this way. From the looks of it we have the same car.

Back