I’m sorry captain, but we’ve got no power!

Just a thought but could it be your fuseable link ? It’s the smaller wire coming off your positive battery post clamp. If it is that’s a really easy fix ! You could just disconnect it and use another wire as a substitute to see if there is any changes in your issue.turn key on and try your switch’s then try and start it But DO NOT LEAVE IT THERE for a long time only a minute !!!! You are only testing with the wire to see if you get power. The fuseable link works like a fuse for your car if you have a dead short , it burns out before your car burns down. I have had my fuseable link go on me and it took me awhile to figure it out , I checked everything before I checked that. I hope this helps , good luck.

Just a thought but could it be your fuseable link ? It’s the smaller wire coming off your positive battery post clamp. If it is that’s a really easy fix ! You could just disconnect it and use another wire as a substitute to see if there is any changes in your issue.turn key on and try your switch’s then try and start it But DO NOT LEAVE IT THERE for a long time only a minute !!!! You are only testing with the wire to see if you get power. The fuseable link works like a fuse for your car if you have a dead short , it burns out before your car burns down. I have had my fuseable link go on me and it took me awhile to figure it out , I checked everything before I checked that. I hope this helps , good luck.
He stated in the OP that the car started and ran. Cannot be the fuseable link then.

I agree with pulling the wiring harness connectors at the fuse block for inspection and with inspecting the ignition switch.
I just did my 1970 Dash. No substitute for a factory shop manual, using the wiring diagrams, and checking wires one at a time. Need to buy a volt/ohm meter, if you don't already have one. I use the ohm meter in my Fluke more than anything else to check wires. Good news: patience and hard work will give you a working dash. Lots of Meguiar's on the pad helps it look good too.
20171222_132943.jpg

Guys appreciate the the tips.....wish I could beam myself over to the car to starting chipping away at this...but will keep you posted...just need some time and some good weather...
......and I forgot about the damn Tribbles!!!:rofl:

Back