I found a 72 Polara. Price?

Lord Alvin

Reaction score
I have been looking for another 72 Polara ever since I sold mine last year. I found one and it looks to be in fairly nice shape. It is loaded. Power everything. Bucket seats. Fresh paint. They stripped it to bare metal and repaired some rust spots. The car looks great. It is a 2-door and it has a 440. It seems like everything I want. It is even the right color. Black. No vinyl top either. Everything works.

Here's my question. What is a fair price for a car like this? I'm not going to tell you what they guy is asking for it. I just want to make sure that I'm not overpaying. Thanks!

Do you have any pictures of the car is it is now? Seeing whats on offer will help us a lot to gauge a price for you.

I think he's keeping his cards held tight to himself in fear that one of us will scoop it out from under him... I'd say the price there asking can't be to far away from what he wants to spend, but he's trying to see if it can be had cheaper, and that's why he's wanting a shoot from the hip value.

Do you have any pictures of the car is it is now? Seeing whats on offer will help us a lot to gauge a price for you.

Impossible to telll......original 440? Original buckets? Original black? More information is required. ... If all is original to the car 6 to 7....and that's throwing a dart...

I have been looking for another 72 Polara ever since I sold mine last year. I found one and it looks to be in fairly nice shape. It is loaded. Power everything. Bucket seats. Fresh paint. They stripped it to bare metal and repaired some rust spots. The car looks great. It is a 2-door and it has a 440. It seems like everything I want. It is even the right color. Black. No vinyl top either. Everything works.

Here's my question. What is a fair price for a car like this? I'm not going to tell you what they guy is asking for it. I just want to make sure that I'm not overpaying. Thanks!

The Collector Car Market guys say:

'72 Polara 2-DR / HT in #2 Condition is $8225.00. If its a Custom 2-DR, its: $8625.00
with the 440 - Add 20%
Without A/C - Deduct 10%

I assume its a No.2 car. No. 1 cars are trailer-towed show cars.

Bottom line is probably $9500.00 to 10,500.00

Thank you. I would say it's in number 3 condition. The paint is nice, but it's no show car. It is an original 440 car and the interior is original and in nice condition. It's a driver, not a collector car. I'm going to offer $5k and see if that will do it.

I think he's keeping his cards held tight to himself in fear that one of us will scoop it out from under him... I'd say the price there asking can't be to far away from what he wants to spend, but he's trying to see if it can be had cheaper, and that's why he's wanting a shoot from the hip value.

Yep.

Thank you. I would say it's in number 3 condition. The paint is nice, but it's no show car. It is an original 440 car and the interior is original and in nice condition. It's a driver, not a collector car. I'm going to offer $5k and see if that will do it.

I think you are very close on that $5K offer. There is a significant difference between a No. 2 car and a No.3.

Back