i think i have the wrong back seat

Vanish

Reaction score
Correct me if i am wrong is this seat out of a four door car the original owner cant find the original seat.

DSC_0553.jpgDSC_0551.jpgDSC_0552.jpgDSC_0554.jpgDSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

I ownedDSCF1284.jpg the dodge counterpart and while the pattern on the seats is different i bet the frames would have been the same, check this pic out for reference.

DSCF1284.jpg

I'd say it's from a four door, it has the large rounded corners for easy access.

I'd say it's from a four door, it has the large rounded corners for easy access.

If it's of any help my 59 Dodge 4 door has the rounded end seat bases and doesn't have any " dips " in the top of the seat back in the middle either.

Seems like the 2 doors have the dips in the seat back in the middle.

What dips are you talking about ????

Some ( or most ) 2 doors seem to have seats with a low dip in the middle of the seats at the top.I've bought 3 sets of NOS aftermarket seat covers for my 59 Dodge only to have them arrive and won't fit because of the dips in the top of the seat backs. Mine is just straight along the top.

I'll see if I can find some pics of the seats with the dips in them.

Here's a random pic I found.......shows the rear seat back with these dips.

59-DeSoto-Firedome-DV-12-MM-i01.jpg

Well i have been digging around on the web the past few days looking at some pics of 1960's HT cars and your right the seat is out of a 4 door car and will not work also i have come to the conclusion that my rear seat top is straight and has no dip in the center.
Thank's guy's for all your help.

276.jpg279.jpg7622g.jpg7622k.jpgtn_full_interior.jpgdg600204.jpg

276.jpg

279.jpg

7622g.jpg

7622k.jpg

tn_full_interior.jpg

dg600204.jpg

Back