I'm Dave Carr...

carrman

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not really a new member, but until recently have just maintained lurker status. I'm 47, live in Southern Oregon on the I5 corridor near Medford. Always been a car guy, starting with Datsun 510's and Z cars. Always loved the less common cars, and in 2005 spent a day with a buddy of mine touring Cincinnati in his '68 Monaco 500. I fell in love with the C-body, and began to remember various ones from my childhood. Like my grandmothers '67 Monaco wagon with wood grain sides that she rushed me to the ER in when I was 5 and nearly died. Bought my first C in 2006, a ratty '66 Polara 4-door:

DSC05317.JPG

Yeah this one kinda sucked, had a weak cylinder or 2, and other issues. Sold it for what I paid for it. Second up was this:

DSC05515.JPG

Great car, but as stripped as could be. One family owned and in awesome mechanical shape. Sold it when I got my 300, got it back a few years later when the guy I sold it to let it sit for 2 years and it wouldn't run anymore. I brought it back to life, but it needs a gas tank, radiator, steering box, etc. It's going to a new home and will live again.

300d.JPG

I sold the Newport and got this with the help of a friend from Moparfins. Picked it up for $1500. Don't let that shiny paint fool you, it faded the next week it was that dead. Great car had great plans for it, but I got involved with someone who didn't have a car when I moved her here from her old area since she gave hers to her son going to college. Sold it to a kid for $2500, and he let it run down. Last I saw it, it had been prettied up again, and was for sale for 8 grand. So, I've been fairly C-bodyless for a while. Getting divorced from that one who cost me the 300, and recently have the means to buy a dream car, Kraumasters '68 Newport convertible.

I'm into trains, both model and real. I'm president of the local model rr club currently. I work at an International dealer as Warranty Manager. Spent 14 years as a truck fleet maintenance manager before this. Been in the maintenance side of the trucking industry since '89. Have one son who's 20 and a motor head also. He drives a '59 F-100 with a Mopar 318/904, Aspen front suspension, and a New Yorker rear axle! Guess a chip off the old block. Anyway hope you made it through all this, as it's a bit long winded!

The 300 looks great in that pic. Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Dave...

Did you ever live in Maryland?

I worked with a guy named Dave Carr.

Glad you moved from Lurker to Regular. Belated Welcome.
Thank you Stan and everyone. Nope, never lived in Maryland...;-) The 300 was a good car, but needed rust in the cillar area fixed, repainted, and the tranny rebuilt. Was still a good car.

my 73 510.jpg

Converted from 1600 automatic to a 2000 5-speed with dual SU's, electronic ignition, limited slip rear diff, sway bars. Had the money together to repaint and all the body rubber for the doors and windows when it got stolen. Still miss that car, drove it 11 years, watched the odometer roll over twice.

Welcome. .. Krautmasters car is a good one to pick up.

Last edited:
Back