Imperial Review Video

Not a bad video, all things considered. By 1966, almost all of the vehicle operating systems had reached their pinnacle of achievement over the past decade of improvement and refinement. A/C, automatic transmissions, power steering, power drum brakes, etc. It would be several years before any significant improvements in these systems were made, by observation. As the safety and emissions operations took resources to get to where things were 20 years later.

By observation, CHRYSLER built better UniBody cars than GM tried to. So his reference to the '76 Eldorado as a good example of the UniBody construction type is not a good one, to me. Especially knowing how much "tighter" a Chrysler E-body usually is compared to my (purchase new) '77 Camaro. One of my friends, who also owned one, termed GM's body designation of "B-body" as "Flex Body". Only Ford's unit-body cars (of which the '60s Lincolns and T-birds also were) were the only other ones close to having the structural strength of the Chrysler UniBody cars, from what I could tell.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

It seems like some younger guys have encountered Imperials.

Back