INCORRECT HOOD TO COWL SEAL

polarus

Reaction score
Just a heads up, I purchased a reproduction hood to cowl seal from Megaparts and it does not fit. The original is 48" long with 14 clips, the new one is 60" long with 17 clips. I'm talking to Jamie from Megaparts to sort this out.

Can the new one be cut down? I did a little math and it sounds like the spacing has to be close for the clips.

Some clips line up, others are too far off. I have an old one I'll use that if I have to.

The originals usually show little wear and clean up nice ..... and are plentiful. The repops I have seen lack some of the original detail. I may have one from a 69 300 that you can have. Clips can be bought separately.

The originals usually show little wear and clean up nice ..... and are plentiful. The repops I have seen lack some of the original detail. I may have one from a 69 300 that you can have. Clips can be bought separately.
Thanks but I found a decent original, just missing a few clips which I can replace.

I'd like to take the one you have please. My 69 300 has no cowl vent seal at all. Pls let me know how much and how we do it. I have Paypal or can pay however you like.
Many thanks! Jeremy

Back