For Sale Info on the Tom Mack Auction 12/2 of Old Car Heaven in Birmingham, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
ALABAMA AUCTION | Tom Mack Classics

I have no affiliation with this auction but since it will have 54 Mopars being auctioned from the 1920's - 1970 including seven C Bodies, most of which are '65 300's, one '66 Imperial, six '60 - '64 Full Size Mopars including Chrysler 300 Letter cars, fifteen 1950's Mopars and a bunch of 1930's and 1940's cars. Most of the cars are Chryslers.

There will be in person access on November 21 & 22 by appointment. In addition, you can contact employee Tim Tuck, a really nice guy originally from North Carolina (his contact info is on their website). Tim will be there on November 21 & 22 and if you email or call him, tell you which car(s) you are interested in he will call you from the auction site with details on the cars and will answer any questions that you.

Tim tells me that this auction is a court ordered auction and that all cars will be sold with a court issued bill of sale that should be acceptable in any state. He also tells me that many of the cars just need a good cleaning as they have been sitting. All cars are sold as is. The curator of the auction reports that most of the cars were driven into the warehouse where the auction will take place six-months ago. The auction company has not tried to start any of the cars. The curator in charge of the liquidation of these cars for the state has not done anything to make the cars more attractive for the auction so there may be some good deals.

In addition to in person bidding, you can bid over the phone or you can bid through the internet using proxy bid who will live stream the auction on the internet. They do not take credit cards. You must pre-register if you are not bidding in person. They are looking for a REFUNDABLE deposit of $2,500 and a letter from your bank - see the website for specifics. My credit union won't do the letter but Tim told me that is not a problem. I just needed to provide bank account and contact information. I suggest you talk to Tim or someone at the auction company if you are interested in bidding. For phone bidding, they will have someone call you about 10 minutes for the car is expected to go up for auction. There is a minimum of a $500 or 10% buyer premium, 13% for internet bidders.

The cars have to be moved by the following Tuesday. There is a tow company next door that will move the cars for $75 + $35/day for storage. Tim also tells me that Reliable and other transport companies will be at the auction and that the auction folks can help get quotes.

Just trying to help with sharing the information that I obtained from the auction company.

Bill

Last edited:
I'll have this one please:
357.jpg

There's grills ☺️ and then there are grills... :(
357-jpg.jpg

60 years later and they still can't match the Chrysler's beauty.

2016-Lexus-GS-200t-front-three-quarter1.jpg

Ellie and I were part of the Alabama back to back championship parade in 2013 with Jezebelle. There were several 300 letter convertibles from this collection also in the parade. Beautiful cars. The 61 G convertible, original, impressed me the most. But the 58 was pretty awesome too.

I saw the resemblance with the pic the right way up :poke:, but maybe it looks more like the predator alien above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back