Interesting Imperial

Chopped the top a couple of inches
A couple? A baby would be crunched in there!
"too much."? I dunno...
Speedhunters_Keith_Charvonia_Tudor-Hot-Rod-1.jpg

The more I look at it (and I'm usually completely against chopping stuff up at all) the roof was just a little too aggressive. That said, what's done is done and if this just happened to fall in my lap and I had time and funds, I'd just finish it modestly in whatever original color it was, try to keep things like wheels and everything classy but understated, work to get the interior as close to half a 68 Imperial interior as possible ... I don't know, I'd drive it, man. It's just cool as hell. I know I've never seen a conversion that's held my attention this long!

A couple? A baby would be crunched in there!

Not unlike Bruce Lee driving the Green Hornet's Imperial, with the steering wheel inches from the seat back, so they could have extra rear seat room for all of the "Hornet Stuff" in the rear seat?

To me, the new B-pillar appears to be the car's orig C-pillar, but not sure about that "plug" around the back of the top, as that looks more "manufactured" than otherwise.

One determining factory might be how much the floorpan was reinforced to compensate for the loss of the roof's stiffness for the total body? OR if it might have originally been a factory convertible? Would need a VIN check to make sure.

Still a neat idea. Especially that it's not a Cadillac!

CBODY67

Not unlike Bruce Lee driving the Green Hornet's Imperial, with the steering wheel inches from the seat back, so they could have extra rear seat room for all of the "Hornet Stuff" in the rear seat?

To me, the new B-pillar appears to be the car's orig C-pillar, but not sure about that "plug" around the back of the top, as that looks more "manufactured" than otherwise.

One determining factory might be how much the floorpan was reinforced to compensate for the loss of the roof's stiffness for the total body? OR if it might have originally been a factory convertible? Would need a VIN check to make sure.

Still a neat idea. Especially that it's not a Cadillac!

CBODY67
Look at how deep the tires are into the ground, it has been there for years. I doubt we could find the owner for a vin check, but it would be cool to know the history on it.

"VIN check" would only need the lh front door to open wide? To see the VIN plate if it wasn't at the base of the windshield.

CBODY67

<snip> ...With the chopped and abbreviated top, this one looks somewhat acromegalic from the front.
More like rhinomegalic to my eyes!

I wish the Dodge Boys had marketed a Coronet-derived ute to battle the El Camino/Ranchero. They could have called it the Dodge Amigo (coincidentally, Amigo in Spanish means the same thing as "Dakota" in Sioux).

They did a decent job around the rear window, blending into the body and rest of the roof. Too bad they didn't leave roof at OEM height. If I had money to burn (enough so I didn't need a day job that steals time from my hobbies), I'd want to buy it, along with a wrecked coupe that I could cannibalize for a replacement roof.

This is a flower car. Last of the big ones. The smart people tell me I should cut the back out and make a El Camino out of it. Yeah I,ll get right on that. :rolleyes:

20180126_133652[1].jpg

Back