Interim Imperial ?

3750 dollars well spent.

Do you think they came up with this rationale on their own? Or had some jagoff Landau installer sell them on it? And it's not just a Florida thing, the old guys here in Edmonton do it too, there's a 2000ish Deville on the street by my garage that hasn't moved in six months with a terrible Landau treatment. However the lowered front end and spray painted front end leads me to believe it's not owned by an older fellow, anymore.
In what I'm seeing here in Florida, dealers are still taking a new car (60+ days on the floor and racking up interest?), doing the "Presidential Series" makeover (roof, badging, pinstripe, plasti-chrome stik-ons, etc), and marking them up 2,3, and 4 grand and grabbing that 80 yr. lady who remembers her late husband buying his cars that way during The Brougham Era.
There's a nice Jag near me with one.

Most of what we do nowadays is simple lifts and tire/wheel combos on trucks and Jeeps. Mopar sells very nice kits that are covered by the Factory Warranty and improve the looks and capability of these vehicles. It also sets you apart from the other 25 Dealers in your area that have a Black Ram 1500 run of the mill. That said I have a bad habit of recreating tribute cars from my past such as a Golden Eagle Wrangler a la Daisy Duke or Macho Edition Power Wagons. Cars had much more character back in the day as far as I am concerned. Everything looks like a Camry in my opinion. If computers are designing cars to be efficient aerodynamically then they all will follow the same basic shape as the formula they follow all leads to same result. Besides I gotta give the Tech's something to do in January.....

It also sets you apart from the other 25 Dealers in your area that have a Black Ram 1500 run of the mill.
I don't have a problem with that :poke: :)

Screenshot_2018-08-23-15-39-07.jpg

I would easily be drawn to the above. When I see these dealers pumping up the super macho trucks, I think there's a ton of posers out there with too much money that again will annoy the crap out of me on the road.

Can't get an 8' Tradesman std. cab-in black, though, huh? Shame.

Last edited:
Sure sounds like stereotyping to me :lol:

100%. Can you match the Landau top to my slacks sonny?

In what I'm seeing here in Florida, dealers are still taking a new car (60+ days on the floor and racking up interest?), doing the "Presidential Series" makeover (roof, badging, pinstripe, plasti-chrome stik-ons, etc), and marking them up 2,3, and 4 grand and grabbing that 80 yr. lady who remembers her late husband buying his cars that way during The Brougham Era.
There's a nice Jag near me with one.

Hmm, I wouldn't have thought that would be the case. Seems like throwing good money at bad. If it gets it sold I suppose it would be wise.

100%. Can you match the Landau top to my slacks sonny?

Hmm, I wouldn't have thought that would be the case. Seems like throwing good money at bad. If it gets it sold I suppose it would be wise.

Funny thing is if you put a "New" old age car on the used car lot for more money it will often sell as the buyer looks at it as a "Low Low Mileage" steal.....

Funny thing is if you put a "New" old age car on the used car lot for more money it will often sell as the buyer looks at it as a "Low Low Mileage" steal.....
That's true. When I see an oddball on a new car dealer's used lot, I always have to check it out.
Why does that Buick store have a Roadmaster on the lot. Hmmm, gotta stop and check that one out.

When I used to see cotton-tops driving carriage-top cars, I'd think "be patient, be respectful... probably an old WWII guy..."

Now I see cotton-tops driving slick-top Hyundais and Kias and think "F-you stupid old America-hating hippie, get out of the left lane. 401k didn't do very well, huh?"

Tangent alert:

On the ride home today I saw a new Pacifica with a WWII plate. I fully expected to see a "caregiver" at the wheel. Pleasantly surprised to see a guy with his wife, both of whom could have been in their required mid-90s. The old man saw my RMB and immediately began pointing at it and jabbering to his wife. I might have put the window down and said "hello", but he changed lanes and headed for the expressway. You go great-great-grandpa!

When I used to see cotton-tops driving carriage-top cars, I'd think "be patient, be respectful... probably an old WWII guy..."

Now I see cotton-tops driving slick-top Hyundais and Kias and think "F-you stupid old America-hating hippie, get out of the left lane. 401k didn't do very well, huh?"

Tangent alert:

On the ride home today I saw a new Pacifica with a WWII plate. I fully expected to see a "caregiver" at the wheel. Pleasantly surprised to see a guy with his wife, both of whom could have been in their required mid-90s. The old man saw my RMB and immediately began pointing at it and jabbering to his wife. I might have put the window down and said "hello", but he changed lanes and headed for the expressway. You go great-great-grandpa!

I had a similar conversation with my wife's 97 year old Grandpa recently. He has always driven GM's and in fact gave my youngest his 89 Buick with 35000 miles on it last year to drive to school....he did this because he bought a Honda....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: I asked him how could a man who fought for his Country against the very people he is now supporting by buying said Honda....he said "I'm 97....I wanted a car to last me 10 years".....God Bless him

A few heads just exploded around here.
I bought a new Infinity Q45 once. I wear the scarlet letter.

I had a similar conversation with my wife's 97 year old Grandpa recently. He has always driven GM's and in fact gave my youngest his 89 Buick with 35000 miles on it last year to drive to school....he did this because he bought a Honda....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: I asked him how could a man who fought for his Country against the very people he is now supporting by buying said Honda....he said "I'm 97....I wanted a car to last me 10 years".....God Bless him

Given that his Buick was almost 20 y/o when he gave it away, it shows how well the media brainwashes people.

A few heads just exploded around here.
I bought a new Infinity Q45 once. I wear the scarlet letter.

In fairness, I don't expect much from folk outside of the industrial midwest. They run ads outside the Midwest touting their screwdriver-jobs that they'd never run here. I've blanket pardoned most of the nation.

When my wife's Dad died in Oklahoma a few years ago, the local VFW honor guard was there at the cemetery. After the service was finished, I thought it was really ironic to see them load up their rifles in the trunk of a Toyota.

Back